Female Goose Keeps dropping seashell into water container

pooponshoe

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 26, 2007
Saint Augustine, FL
I have a few very large seashells (not something she can swallow) and my Embem goose after I rinse out the water container takes the shell and drops it back in, not necessarily while I'm watching, but each day it is back in there again. She does lay an egg every other day and I am not sure if this is related to that in any way.

She has the whole enclosed backyard, she shares with ducks and chickens. I just thought it was very weird. I want to get some Indian Runner ducks, are they a good breed?

Maybe it's just that she plays with it, and things that she plays with end up in the water. *shrug
big_smile.png

sad.png
I Want my own geese and runner ducks soooooo baaaaaad!!!!!!!!!

And all these cute stories make the wait even worse.
cool.png

It does sound like bird play. I could write a book about that living with a bunch of parrots.

Geese wash there food before they eat it....Don't they???
Or at least that is what I have always been told.

I once caught our goose trying to dunk a kitten in the water to clean it. Thankfully I caught her before it was too late...

I have found all kinds of odd things in the bottom of the water dishes for the geese. Even nails or pieces of glass they might find (not sure where but they find them). One time we found insolaters for our fence line in their water too, not really sure how they got them off the fence without getting shocked, but it sure answered the question why our fence kept shorting out....
th.gif

(side note is this little smiley new??
droolin.gif
I just noticed him and he drools....) sorry to get off topic on that....

Back
Top Bottom