Female?

I am new to raising ducks this year, and everyone kept telling me to listen to how they quack...which may be easy for experienced people!! LOL!! Sounds like a bunch of quacking to me! Soooo...I had to resort to waiting it out, watching for the tail feathers to curl seems to take forever, but at least then you'll know for sure. And yup...wouldn't you know...both my Pekins are males!! :th

I know with my luck that is what will happen, which is why I am super excited that they might be girls! Everyday is a new noise out of them and I'm all confused.

They are making that noise because they are distressed - it is neither a quack nor a rasp; you will need to record them during normal activity without them being restrained and upset.

They are probably female at a guess though

I thought that when they were distressed their true colors came through. Or a least that was the impression I got after reading a few threads on voice sexing. They talk frequently but I don't know what is average and what isn't since these are the first ducks I've ever owned. They have been making squawking noises the last week and started the loud honking yesterday when my kids were petting them.

Got yourself a girl there.

:ya

The keywords there are 'loud honking'! Drakes are neither loud nor honkers ;)

Enjoy your girls!

I think loud is subjective since I don't know what to compare it to. Everyday I get so confused and they sound different to me. But here they are today chatting. I guess the biggest thing is that I don't notice any major differences and I bet they are the same sex which is making it harder.

Definitely girls
yesss.gif

Thank you for looking. I know it gets asked a lot and I really do appreciate the feedback.

So just an update, I finally understand what I am looking for in a male. There is no denying that one is male. Still no quack from the other but only time will tell.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I believe that I have a female and male. Here is a video of them and hopefully this will help someone else. Oh and they are almost 10 week.

Back
Top Bottom