Fermented feed feeder

Pics
I think I'm going to do the initial fermentation in my old bucket and then once it's going pour it in here. So I won't know for another 24 hours. I'll definitely update as soon as I have results. :)

Yeah. I do whole grain FF too so it won't be the same as yours. Another reason I'm starting with a free trial bucket before moving on to something else. I remembered seeing a square bucket recently in our storage room. I went and looked and sure enough I still had a bucket of wheat that was almost empty. So when I've worked out all the kinks I have a bucket ready. :)

So would you still continue to make the FF in a regular bucket and then refill the feeder or do u think this would work to add new feed and water every day or 2 (in the feeder itself along with stirring often) to keep it going? I've never heard of FF til I started reading here. Get our 1st chicks Thursday. So trying to plan ahead and learn as much as I can.

So would you still continue to make the FF in a regular bucket and then refill the feeder or do u think this would work to add new feed and water every day or 2 (in the feeder itself along with stirring often) to keep it going? I've never heard of FF til I started reading here. Get our 1st chicks Thursday. So trying to plan ahead and learn as much as I can.

glad to hear your planning ahead, I started fermenting with ours when they were about 3 months old and they love it, saved money on feed,and they had lovely coats. Now with winter and all,Ihave stopped fermenting due to space restrictions of doing inside.

Hey Henn or Trst,have you feed ff in heated dog bowls? I know it has been done...

This is another issue I will have to figure out. Our coop will be too far from the house. The house was built in 1900 and much of the wiring is quite old. (Think braided insulation on the wires) It cant handle extension cords running that far without tripping the breaker. I've been researching cheap diy solar power options to allow for heated waterer and feeder. Would love to have FF year round.

glad to hear your planning ahead, I started fermenting with ours when they were about 3 months old and they love it, saved money on feed,and they had lovely coats. Now with winter and all,Ihave stopped fermenting due to space restrictions of doing inside.

Hey Henn or Trst,have you feed ff in heated dog bowls? I know it has been done...

Back
Top Bottom