FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

We have a few outlets here in the States that offer organic soy free feed for those that wish to avoid phytoestrogens in their diet. It costs a little more but I believe it's cheaper and less hassle then chemotherapy.

bow.gif
True words!

We just started down the "meat rabbit path". Feels like it's going to take FOREVER! We were told wait until 8 months to start breeding them...they are so big already though at 4 months old. Hmph.

Bride and Em--

You shouldnt have to wait 8 months or even six months to breed meat rabbits. Ive heard good arguments from people who recommwnd breeding at between 4 and 5 even. Opinions differ and depending who you ask and what's important to you there are pros and cons to both breeding early and waiting longer. mostly tho the critical factor is size/weight (as a percentage of adult weight) and readiness (physical and behavoral), far more than age. Id recommend reading up on it a bit more--fwi the folks at rabbitalk.com are really helpful with these sorts of questions too. Thats where i went for advice, and i recommend that forum if you havent already checked it out...

Last edited:
I gave my chicks fermented feed last night and after they all got a taste of it it was a feeding frenzy. Looks to be good stuff.

Is anyone feeding spent brewer's grain? Im near a local craft beer brewery. Drunk chicken jokes welcome. Pictures preferred.

Last edited:
Is anyone feeding spent brewer's grain? Im near a local craft beer brewery. Drunk chicken jokes welcome. Pictures preferred.

I do but as a treat only. It's not the same thing as FF. In the brewing process, the sugars are removed in the form of alcohol and what is left is a high fiber, high protein, high energy, low vitamin, low mineral unbalanced feed. It makes a great summer frozen treat and jump start to a killer compost pile. I just toss about a quart in a feed pan and they pick at it throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom