Fermented Feeds

That was a great link... It answered tons of questions i plan to start ff this weekend!
Good. I really like the blog and there are so many other things on that site too that I liked, Good luck with you ff, it has really made a difference with my feed bill and the heath of my birds.

Good. I really like the blog and there are so many other things on that site too that I liked, Good luck with you ff, it has really made a difference with my feed bill and the heath of my birds.
Great! We have a ton of birds 150+ and if it helps with the feed bill thats all the more reason to start. I seem to have a two inch layer of feed on the ground a few times a week from them throwing it out of the feeders i imagine its going to help that as well.

Great! We have a ton of birds 150+ and if it helps with the feed bill thats all the more reason to start. I seem to have a two inch layer of feed on the ground a few times a week from them throwing it out of the feeders i imagine its going to help that as well.
Yes I know what you mean. I still keep dry food out but they dont play in it as much anymore so I dont have that pile around the feeders. I am up to 110 birds and saving money anywhere you can is a plus.

That thread will take a life time to get thru just to get some info.
I use a 5 gallon bucket, fill it half full of their feed and I add BOSS, 1/4 cup ACV with mother and water to cover. As this expands I stir and add water as needed. I keep a kitchen towel over the bucket. Depending on were you keep it, the feed could start fermenting in just a few days. When you stir it and bubbles start appearingit is ready. I really like it for all of my birds, it has so much good bacteria and nutrients.
Thank you for sharing! I have a few questions,please.

What is BOSS?

What is the "mother" w/the Apple Cider Vinegar? I've looked at the feed stores here locally as well as the grocery stores and can't find anything but regular ACV. Is there a certain brand I should be looking for? Maybe I can order it online.

We have around 50 chickens including 11 guineas and they toss their food out of the hanging feeders like crazy.

Thank you again for your time!

Blessings,
Jacque

Jacque , " mother" as I understand it is the culture that grows in un pasteurized vinegar. Some could explain it better than I.
But I can help you with thie where to find it. Most grocery stores have it. Look for " Braggs" or I found it in "Heinz"
There will be a red oval right on the label that say "with the Mother" , you can't mistake it!
The best part is you only have to buy it once, as you can use that bottle to grow mother in regular ACV. The link above explains it all!!

Th
Jacque , " mother" as I understand it is the culture that grows in un pasteurized vinegar. Some could explain it better than I.
But I can help you with thie where to find it. Most grocery stores have it. Look for " Braggs" or I found it in "Heinz"
There will be a red oval right on the label that say "with the Mother" , you can't mistake it!
The best part is you only have to buy it once, as you can use that bottle to grow mother in regular ACV. The link above explains it all!!

Thank you! I'll look again at the local grocery stores. All I found previously was the regular Heinz ACV. Do you have any idea what BOSS is, pls? Thanks again!

im pretty sure boss is just another word for with he mother... hey yall i am also interested in starting ff im just tryin to come up with a mixture to add into it what do yall add in? and is it ok to store ff outside?

I have only found it in the Heinz brand. but if i may add for those of you still undecided on which method to use i started off using the two bucket method and just ran into alot of problems if you add too much water it comes out between the two and it gets hard for you to pull the bucket out from the other one and im a 25 year old man so believe me its tough.. So i went to using one bucket only problem i had with this is the feed on the bottom is hard to get fermented so i went to putting the water in first adding the acv then the feed PERFECT!

im pretty sure boss is just another word for with he mother... hey yall i am also interested in starting ff im just tryin to come up with a mixture to add into it what do yall add in? and is it ok to store ff outside?
The first month i only fermented the feed by itself Im now adding in a scoop of oats.. I dont think its a good idea to store outside due to increase and decrease in temp but im still a rookie!

Back
Top Bottom