Sep 22, 2019
Fighting Chicks! My four Easter egger chicks that are 4-5 weeks old peck at each other and sometimes even fight over bugs such as crickets. Some times they flap their wings and leap at one another. Is this normal or are they fighting and how do I get them to stop fighting?

Normal...they're already working out their pecking order. They start young! :)

Welcome to BYC! When you have questions, you can post them to the appropriate forum, and you will get faster, better replies. For example, this question would be best posted in the Chicken behaviors forum. You are posting in the New Member introductions now.

You'll get the hang of it quickly! We're all here to help you along the way!

:frow:welcome:frow

Normal...they're already working out their pecking order. They start young! :)

Welcome to BYC! When you have questions, you can post them to the appropriate forum, and you will get faster, better replies. For example, this question would be best posted in the Chicken behaviors forum. You are posting in the New Member introductions now.

You'll get the hang of it quickly! We're all here to help you along the way!

:frow:welcome:frow
Ok

Fighting Chicks! My four Easter egger chicks that are 4-5 weeks old peck at each other and sometimes even fight over bugs such as crickets. Some times they flap their wings and leap at one another. Is this normal or are they fighting and how do I get them to stop fighting?
Yes, they play fight. It cracks me up. Crowding can make that play fighting become real tho so make sure they have plenty of space.

For example, this question would be best posted in the Chicken behaviors forum. You are posting in the New Member introductions now.
But it got moved ;)

Back
Top Bottom