Finally caught the culprit

IO have trapped Eno river there are quiet a few mink down that way it is a nice festival they have down there with the blues and jazz they play :)

Last edited:
Could be a mink/fishercat

thumbsup.gif
its not a otter it has a fluffy tail. One time i saw a dead otter on the side of a freeway
ep.gif

Could be a mink/fishercat

thumbsup.gif
its not a otter it has a fluffy tail. One time i saw a dead otter on the side of a freeway
ep.gif

I guess I don't see a tail in the picture... but yes, a mink has a furred tail, whereas an otter has a tail that is sparsely haired...

THE RIVER OTTERS HERE THAT I CATCH RUN 20-35 POUNDS THE CAGE THIS ANIMAL IS IN LOOKS TO BE 7" x 7 "

Very true! However, if it is a juvenile, it would only run about 15.... showed DH the photo, and he says it is exactly what he sees daily on the 2000+ acre rice farm where he works. Just going by what we are used to seeing up here in wild country
hu.gif

That is most certainly a mink. The tiny, pink, cat-like nose and white chin are a dead giveaway. Otters don't have that. They have lighter underbellies, big flat black noses, and broad muzzles.

I agree with previous post that you need to release at least 30 miles from home to insure that particular animal does not return. Now the hard part is preventing future losses.

Here is where I differ from some of you ..if its killing livestock and I trap it, it isn't going to a new home its dead... I dont take chances on it coming back to kill more.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom