FINALLY! Finished the Kennel Panel Tractor --- PICS!

Thanks everyone!
It feels good to have done something with leftover stuff and have it come out well.
I changed the name of the post so others can see how else to use their leftover kennel panels!
yippiechickie.gif

i so have a bunch of those! we need to make another tractor for my meaties and now i don't have to spend any money! super idea!!!

thanks for sharing! my handy and handsome hubby will be whipping up one of those this w'end!
big_smile.png

You are so brilliant! What a great idea and great job putting it together. Kudos to you!! I'm showing it to my hubby... I think I'll have one next summer!
big_smile.png

My only comment is that you may want to put chicken wire around the bottom two feet so that nothing can reach in and grab the chickens when they are in it.

It's only about 2.5" off the ground, so unless it's a snake, I don't think anything will get the girls.
Also, I plan to be around to keep an eye on them and they will only be in it for a few hours a day.

The best part is how quickly it went together. I used a chain to keep the panels from collapsing as I added the lumber and wheels, so it wasn't too hard to put together, even for an old lady like me!
wink.png

Last edited:
Very, very well and this has givin us all kinds of ideas plus its making use of something laying around. That is a great part of the deal I think. I can usually come up with something to use for my birds rumanging through and old barn I'm clearing out and turning into a huge coop. I found some old saw horses I decided to use for my young birds to roost on. Now I don't have to burn them or through them away. Now you can use the extra $ you saved for chicken feed. lol.

Older woman rock.
thumbsup.gif
So rock on. PEACE

Just wanted to post a pic of the KPDR ('Kennel Panel Day Ranger'
lol.png
) in use with some of the hens enjoying 'free-ranging'
wink.png

HPIM3104.jpg

Last edited:
Thats fabulous.....wonder if that could be done with cattle panels too? REally a super idea...how hard is it to drag around?

Back
Top Bottom