Finally getting started

Hi all. This is my first foray into raising chickens, after years of wanting to, and getting books, and admiring others flocks, not to mention eating fresh eggs. I'm starting with four Australorps, after reading good things about them being social, curious, and good egg layers.
This site was one of the first to pop up while doing a search and it looked like the perfect place to learn and get advice.
I live in North Adams, tucked into the northwest corner of Massachusetts, in the beautiful Berkshires.
We are the smallest "city" in the state, with a population of around 13,000. My house is an old millhouse built around 1874, and I make the most of my little piece of paradise, with gardens, fruit trees, berry bushes and beehives.
My hobbies are carving, weaving, spinning, sewing and working on sewing machines, and music. I play in a contra dance band. My first instrument is accordion, which I came back to after a number of years playing guitar, keybords and mandolin.

Welcome to BYC, The Tiny Homestead! There is so much to see, do, and learn here!:welcome That's so neat that you play in a contra dance band! I would love to try contra dance sometime. What do you play?
Mostly accordion and mandolin, with some guitar. I discovered the music back in the late 90s and fell in love with it

Back
Top Bottom