Finally, today was the day....

quadcam79

Songster
12 Years
Oct 28, 2007
Fernandina Beach Fl.
today was a great day, my fiance and i have a contract on a house on an acre in a semi rural area and we have been dealing with appraisals, inspections, paperwork, deposits..etc ect.. but still weren't 100% finally approved for the mortgage. The broker would say "nothing yet...call back around 4pm" then it was "nothing yet, should know something tomorrow..." day after day.

We scheduled closing for the 30th of this month and since we didn't have a final approval everything was in limbo as far as packing and preparing for a move, the time kept growing shorter and shorter...and we were totally stressed out.

The sellers had a contract on a house in another state contingent on the sale of this one , plus they had already had 1/2 of their house packed up ready to go...

finally today my fiance calls me at works and says "BABY!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!"
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

it's nothing fancy, matter of fact it's a 1998 singlewide MH. but it's in excellent condition, all new everything and immaculate inside. But, the mortgage payment wont be real high ($800/mo) , the insurance and taxes are low, it's sitting on a great property on a dead end paved road, the whole acre is chain linked and gated, it's within 1/2 mile of the river and boat launch where you can get onto the atlantic, intracoastal or any one of dozens of creeks.

so next week we can move out of this ghetto neighborhood and out to the peace and quiet where i can let my daughter outside to play in the yard without fear of her getting shot or kidnapped, we can work on getting our chickens and pigs
and work on being as self sufficient as possible meaning building solar water heater, installing solar panels, wind generators, starting an aquaponics system etc ect...

Ok i'm finished ranting now, i'm just so relieved..if you're one of those people who never thought you could get a house of your own and then you actually did, you understand how I feel
big_smile.png

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and I don't even know you
smile.png
I can tell your relief by the way you wrote it all out
smile.png
That's so cool that you are wanting to do everything solar.
Best of luck to you all!
Kristi

Ah, when you said mobile home, that made sense with the mortgage. It's really hard to find mortgages on those, even with great credit they are considered 'sub prime' loans and a lot of banks won't touch em with a 100 foot pole.

There's a funny (well, sort of funny) story about the bank I work for - they got into the mobile home lending business back in the late 80s. Then the early 90s downturn came and people were forclosing right and left on those homes. The bank repossessed so many of them that they had to rent a huge field to park them in - it was a horrible loss for the company. Ever since, our bank won't touch those loans.

Anyway, I'm glad you finally got your loan going and you will be moving! The land sounds great, and if you ever decide you need more house, you can always build!

Congrats!! Nothing like having your own piece of dirt to call home!

yeh ,well my fiance just finished nursing school a few months ago and got her LPN, so she just started her job, combine that with low credit scores and trying to finance a MH....you can see how we would be stressed.

only one company will do loans on singlewide MH's now...Countrywide, and they take their sweet time with the processing

Wells Fargo stepped out of doing singles about 3 weeks ago.

$800 a month? You're not in Los Angeles, are you?
hmm.png

Congratulations on owning your own piece of planet earth. i was 45 before i owned my own home. i guess i was always afraid i couldn't afford it, which was probably true. There is nothing as wonderful as knowing your home and all the land around it is yours.

Sounds like you have some great ideas to turn your new home into quite an incredible place to live.

Pictures! We want pictures!

Congratulations quadcam and I wish you the best. The most wonderful thing of all of it is "I can let me my daughter out in the yard to play without fear". It will be worth all the sweat and money! You have alot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day.

Quote:
No kidding. I could rent a bedroom in my house for that much!
th.gif

Congrats on your new home! It's so exciting getting your first house... decorating, making it your own. You're going to love it!

Congratulations! What a wonderful adventure you have in front of you! Anyone who has gone through the sale or purchase of a house can empathize with the stress involved. The only time in my LIFE that I had a beer at 9 o'clock in the morning was when we had escrow closing on this house.

Enjoy your new place--a whole different lifestyle awaits you!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom