finding pullets for sale

Danedad

Chirping
Jan 19, 2023
Olympia WA
I'm getting chickens for the first time this spring. I would like to avoid raising chicks and purchase pullets near Olympia WA. Searched internet and all I get is Tractor Supply type stores with a ten chick minimum. I can only have 3. Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Try craigslist. There are always people selling started and mature birds on there.
Call around to the old school feed stores in the area. We have one that sells started birds most of the year.

It's still early for pullets but keep your eye on CL. If you're on FB, most states have chicken and waterfowl groups. Join the WA state tread here. You should start seeing pullets hit the market after March. Expect to pay $15-30 depending on age and breed.
TSC and local feed stores will start selling chicks in another month or two. They will sell less than 10. Some stores the minimum is 1, others it's 3. The 10 is special order minimum.

We bought this house seven months ago and the chickens came with the house. I recently found I can't properly care for the chickens. We would like to give away the chickens with coop, Water dispenser, feed, feed canister, heat lamp, pine shavings, etc. we live in Tumwater. Please reach out if you are interested. [email protected].
Check this out. Might solve all your problems. Don't worry about the 4th.

I'm getting chickens for the first time this spring. I would like to avoid raising chicks and purchase pullets near Olympia WA. Searched internet and all I get is Tractor Supply type stores with a ten chick minimum. I can only have 3. Any help/advise would be appreciated.
My Pet Chicken sells started pullets, but they're pricey. Minimum to ship is 2

It's still early for pullets but keep your eye on CL. If you're on FB, most states have chicken and waterfowl groups. Join the WA state tread here. You should start seeing pullets hit the market after March. Expect to pay $15-30 depending on age and breed.
TSC and local feed stores will start selling chicks in another month or two. They will sell less than 10. Some stores the minimum is 1, others it's 3. The 10 is special order minimum.
Thank you for the advice

Try seabreezehens.com

Back
Top Bottom