Fires have devastated so many here

It's in the news and in the paper. They had a picture of a firefighter giving a Koala a drink of water out of a bottle. The caption said its pads were scorched but it sat up and took the water. I hope they took it some where for first aid. Devasting to see the blackened landscape. To think it may have been intentional.

My heart is breaking. I've been in contact with as many family and friends back home as I can. All are ok but some are very near the fires. My best friend from HS said 5 of her husband's co workers have lost their homes to the fires. She's also got friends and co workers she has been unable to get in contact with.

For anyone wanting to help financially here are two secure links.
One is for the Australian Red Cross and the other the to help animals (RSPCA)

https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp

http://www.rspcavic.org/campaigns_news/news_bushfires.htm

$5.00 US is worth about $7.70 Australian. Every little bit helps.

I have started an "auction" under the egg sale section. I am offering 1 dozen + welsummer eggs to the highest bidder. 100% of the money (including shipping ) will be donated to the Australian Red Cross or the RSPCA. The winning bidder can choose.

yes...thats right, koalas get their water from the leaves they eat! not too good bout the oils in the tree....but...some trees' seeds only start to grow once theyve been burnt! infact alot of aussie trees need a good scorching to grow better and stronger...so the nature side of things should be pretty much right....the animals however not soo needing of a fire...so hopefully by the time theyre well enuff there should be some growth coming through! so where theres bad news theres also good! temps are lowering too so i think there may be a reprieve in soon! maybe even the end!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
its all u can do!

Quote:
I didn't see that one. Thats a good story. I live on acreage here I would hate to think of all the animals that would be affected if that was to happen here. We have koalas and kangaroos,bearded dragons and goannas just to name a few.

I saw the unforgettable photo of the koala and the good-hearted firefighter yesterday. It was and is heartwrenching to think of all the terrified - and innocent - beings caught up in this. This is not the universe at its kindest - it's just cruel. Praying that the fires are soon out.
JJ

Amid all the pictures of anguish and suffering that comes with a tragedy such as the fires in Australia, it only takes a picture like the firefighter and the koala to remind us of the beauty and kindness that still exists and show us an example of God's enduring love.

Wow, so many heartwrenching accounts are going to come out of this.
I cant bear to read the papers anymore.
I placed a link to the red cross on my website banner and ive donated money too.
I would really like to do more I just dont know what right now.
Thankyou for your replies and good wishes.
The weather is going to get hot again, we are having a cool change right now which is great for everybody.

I remember rescuing 6 horses in a fire in our last firestorm.
I went through a roadblock to get to the agistment paddock as my horse was in there.
Another owner was also there rescuing her horse. She said "im not touching anyone elses horse"
I couldnt leave the others there to burn, the policewoman at the roadblock said, "if that was my horse, Id want you to rescue it" So i grabbed heaps of ropes in my car.
The others werent mine but they werent afraid of me. they were bunched up in a corner so i threw leadropes around their necks and pulled the end through to make a loop to secure them, then I led them 3 each side. i was so scared of them taking fright enroute.
Especially across a train bridge. But they were so calm.
We made it to the last eaten out paddock which had the shortest grass in it, I left them there and the police came to rescue me as the fire had become so close i wouldnt have made it back to my car. I watched in horror as the flames went through the paddock but because the smoke was so thick i couldnt see the horses.
When the flames subsided I could see them galloping about so I knew they had survived. Their owners were all away as it was the holidays.
I ended up in hospital for the day on oxygen and none of the horses was injured so it turned out well.
We had to evacuate our house as well, so i threw heaps of stuff in a suitcase and my DH stayed to hose the house gutters down while i went to rescue the horses.
I cant bear to imagine what they are going through in Victoria.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom