First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

LOOK AT THESE AWESOME EGGS I GOT!
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif

wee.gif
OK now it is working but I don't know for how long. Geesh this is going to drive me to distraction today. Posting issues.
hit.gif

I'm in! I had an issue with an egg eater in the turkey en but now m getting most of the eggs and will hopefully have 10 to set. Just gotta get those Easter chicks to hatch already :D

My first batch of eggs ARRIVED safely. One did not survive my handling though, put my thumb through a shell.
barnie.gif

I dropped one.
hide.gif
It only cracked, but it was at the tip, and though the membrane wasn't broken, it was pretty mashed.

My hen isn't normal. She is 5 or 6 years old and I never had a tom for her. Last year she attempted to hatch Guinea eggs but the Guinea decided to help her at the end and they fought over the eggs killing the keet. The year before nothing. The 2 years before that she hatched out a chick each year. She was the best mom. That chick would climb all over her. What is the lifespan of a turkey anyways?

That girl is only in her 30s- cook up a husband for that lady!

Oh, MY! I will have to go look that up. It's certainly not a concept familiar to me, either.
<* thinking hard*> Surely that has no relevance to any of us! "Too" means "also" and "many" means more than a few.". Oh! I also have more than a few!
We're fine, then. No problem here.

Quite right. That's me, too.

Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here Eggs are here

wee.gif

What she said!!

I'm in! I had an issue with an egg eater in the turkey en but now m getting most of the eggs and will hopefully have 10 to set. Just gotta get those Easter chicks to hatch already
big_smile.png

I had your name on the list from the first post, baby! I had faith you'd find a way.

Okay, Denny, I need a key to the codes on the eggs...P is Royal Palm? RB is Red Bourbon? X is a cross?...what's A?

And Shawn...tell me what these are again? I'll get a pic up as soon as I can...technical difficulties.

I am also setting 6 Brown Chinese Swan Goose eggs!! My dudes need dates.

OK, all Sounds as if everyone is almost set here, sounds great to me!!!!! I have 17 turkey eggs, 12 duck eggs, 12 goose eggs ( really huge in a separate turner) and will fill the gaps in the one turner with chicken eggs next week. I already have the goose eggs cooking because I read they take up to 32 days so I set those on Wednesday. the chicken eggs I will set next Sunday. The turkey eggs i got from ebay and Zookeeper15133. All of Zookeeper15133's eggs all arrived safe and sound! the shipper from Ebay needs to attend classes from Zookeeper15133 on how to properly package eggs for shipping as only 5 of 8 made it through shipping. I guess you have to actually care if the eggs make it there alright. Thank you Zookeeper 15133 for the special care in packaging the eggs. 12 duck eggs from the mixed breed ducks that I rescued from the local city park (with the park rangers permission of course)( they were getting overrun with drop off ducks from fly by night fanciers) 12 goose eggs from the same park. Yes the rangers let me raid some new nests!!!! and I only took a few from each nest. so besides the chicken eggs I am all set for this hatch. I am actually more excited about this than I was for the Easter hatch!!!! Hopefully next year we can set up a swap to go along with the Turkathon.
Wishing a great hatch to all.
Jesse

Back
Top Bottom