First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

hide.gif

*sneaks in and sets ten pencilled palm eggs into the thread*

mwahahaa!

hide.gif

*sneaks in and sets ten pencilled palm eggs into the thread*

mwahahaa!

No sneaking necessary here - although - I kinda like the idea of someone sneaking around and setting eggs -
Anyway, jump in with both feet and we need your order for a jacket (size and color!)

What are we up to now.....?

Last edited:
:p I didn't know if I was qualified since I'm such a late comer.

I will take a purple jacket in size zero of course (why not be delusional all the way heehee).

No sneaking necessary here - although - I kinda like the idea of someone sneaking around and setting eggs -
Anyway, jump in with both feet and we need your order for a jacket (size and color!)

What are we up to now.....?

Yeah.....we pretty much have no rules, unless of course, you count the rules for the Poultry Yoga Contest. Check those out on Post #624.

Speaking of The Poultry Yoga Contest......

Get your pics of your birds in their yoga poses and enter by the end of the day on Saturday! I only have one pic entered so far and the prize awaits. I was looking through the book yesterday and found this bit of information.

"Chicken" is the plural form of "chick" just as "oxen" is the plural form of "ox" but it has come to be used as the singular word for fowl and an 's' is now added to make it plural. (I thought that was interesting.)

Wouldn't you love to win this book?!

Last edited:
300x225px-LL-3c5d90e6_waterwiggler.jpeg

What are these for anyway? I saw you post to find them in the toy section but I'm still confused!

Well air temp can fluctuate a few degrees quite rapidly. what I am concerned with is the temp of the eggs as the temp of the egg can be 99deg and the air temp in the incubator can have a short spike say to 104 deg The egg temp might only go up to 99.5 deg during the spike before the air temp comes back to normal. one might stress about the temp spike not realizing that it did not actually effect the egg in essence. So in using these water wigglers mimics more accurately what is actually happening to the egg. you can stick a temp probe for a remote thermometer inside it or a lollipop type thermometer inside it, inside the bator at the same level as the eggs, so if and when you see a temp drop or spike in temp you do not have to wonder what the temp is of the egg or if the temp fluctuation effected the egg all that much. they do make egg type thermometers designed to sit in a turner or alongside the eggs in the bator. The water wiggler is a much, much less expensive alternative to those and performs the exact same function.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom