First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

But they are chicken not turkey....its ok if I can't I can just watch yall

Quote:
A new customer mentioned the number of places he's been over the years --at 2$ a carton they can't stay in business. At the farmers market its $6 a carton.

I don't know if this is my best one for the contest, but here's a turkey yoga picture:

Good one!

Quote:

X2 Chick-among-us there are a few people just hatching chicks I think. Just PM your name to Chooks so you are added to the list and we are requiring everyone to select a favorite color and tell us the size straight jacket you wear. Right now we have a contest running if you look back in the thread. I know Renee is busy right now so if you don't get "officially" added to the list this week, you are "officially" considered in for the contest
cool.png

We have craptacular weather today for flying but need the rain.

Chook said she was very busy this week . . so please don't get concerned if she doesn't post your name right away.

Quote:
Thank you Jessie!! I didn't know what to look for !!

Quote:
X2

I've got people coming by tonight to look at the Easter chicks. I have to find a diplomatic way to tell this lady she is wrong, without just sounding like I'm trying to increase the sale. She wants to buy ONE chick. I need to explain why that is wrong for the chick. Anyway, this was our conversation.

W: Do you have any black New Jersey chickens?
Me: No, they are mostly welsummer mixes, a few pure welsummer and a few EE/OE.
W: Oh, I have a black New Jersey chicken that is sitting on eggs, but I don't have a rooster. I read on the internet you can trade a chick at night for her eggs, but it must be the same color as the hen so she will accept the chick.
Me: Well, I don't have any Jersey Giant chicks, but I do have black chicks. They are BSL & BA crosses.
W: Okay, I'll stop on my way home from work to get one.

Now mind you, I'm only asking $2 for these chicks, straight run. I'm going to let her pick and try to convince her to take a few. If she picks one of the BSL with the cute white spot........ummm, she needs a rooster, right?

Deb

An asylum...

This is what we call our EE coop!

I thought they were called enablers.

Yes, most definately!

I've got people coming by tonight to look at the Easter chicks. I have to find a diplomatic way to tell this lady she is wrong, without just sounding like I'm trying to increase the sale. She wants to buy ONE chick. I need to explain why that is wrong for the chick. Anyway, this was our conversation.

W: Oh, I have a black New Jersey chicken that is sitting on eggs, but I don't have a rooster. I read on the internet you can trade a chick at night for her eggs, but it must be the same color as the hen so she will accept the chick.
Me: Well, I don't have any Jersey Giant chicks, but I do have black chicks. They are BSL & BA crosses.

Now mind you, I'm only asking $2 for these chicks, straight run. I'm going to let her pick and try to convince her to take a few. If she picks one of the BSL with the cute white spot........ummm, she needs a rooster, right?

Deb

Of course! She doesn't have one.

Deb
Same color? Where the heck did she see that? I better inform all of my broodies.

Deb

Sounds like some creative conning I mean conversation is going to happen to guide this misguided soul towards what is really needed. Not just satisfying a fancy. I too think she needs more than one three at the minimum. Go get her!

This would affectionately be known as a "loony"
lau.gif

An asylum...

A group of BYCers is called a ..........support group. You can take that nicely or the 12-step way.

Deb

I thought they were called enablers.

I was goin to say "NUTS", affectionately, but I love you all.. This old hermit has learned a lot from BYC, and these hatch=a=longs have me believing I might even be able to hatch a few chicks.. I have really learned a lot about it in these past few months... Will

I've got people coming by tonight to look at the Easter chicks. I have to find a diplomatic way to tell this lady she is wrong, without just sounding like I'm trying to increase the sale. She wants to buy ONE chick.
Deb

Deb in my ad I stated the least amount I would sell at one time was two just so people would know that singletons weren't gonna happen. Maybe consider this in the future? Funny some of the things people think although I do have to say I wouldn't know the amount I do now about chickens if I hadn't found this site.

If she insists on just one, make it one of the fluffy black ones with the cute white dot on it's head. Then she won't have to get any more chicks for her hen, she can raise her own!

I broke down and pulled five of the eggs from the broody, she has no trouble covering 20 eggs! Those five went in the bator and will be a week behind. Oh, and I stuck two Campine/SLW/Ameraucana eggs in, too.

<channeling Jim Carey in 'Mask'> "Somebody STOP me!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom