First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

I would like to host a second contest. It will be another "caption contest" I just need the photo for it, as I do not have any that would work. If anyone has one that they wouldn't mind PM'ing me better yet several to choose from that would be awesome.

This is what I am going to offer as the prize:
2_byc-gold-feather-membership-120x120.jpg
for 1 Year......

W: Oh, I have a black New Jersey chicken that is sitting on eggs, but I don't have a rooster. I read on the internet you can trade a chick at night for her eggs, but it must be the same color as the hen so she will accept the chick.

Don't tell this to my two Salmon Favorelles co-raising a "whitish" Turken, a black Americauna, a black Olive-egger, two Silver Sussex and a blue Cochin. It is quite a motley crew.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on Miracle.. She is doing great tonight! She is standing more steady and is beginning to fill out a little.

here's her brothers outside for the first time tonight

I've got people coming by tonight to look at the Easter chicks. I have to find a diplomatic way to tell this lady she is wrong, without just sounding like I'm trying to increase the sale. She wants to buy ONE chick. I need to explain why that is wrong for the chick. Anyway, this was our conversation.

W: Do you have any black New Jersey chickens?
Me: No, they are mostly welsummer mixes, a few pure welsummer and a few EE/OE.
W: Oh, I have a black New Jersey chicken that is sitting on eggs, but I don't have a rooster. I read on the internet you can trade a chick at night for her eggs, but it must be the same color as the hen so she will accept the chick.
Me: Well, I don't have any Jersey Giant chicks, but I do have black chicks. They are BSL & BA crosses.
W: Okay, I'll stop on my way home from work to get one.

Now mind you, I'm only asking $2 for these chicks, straight run. I'm going to let her pick and try to convince her to take a few. If she picks one of the BSL with the cute white spot........ummm, she needs a rooster, right?

Deb

Oh, Geezzz, I'm not sure she's ready for the next step!! You better take her under your wing and slowly educate her!!!!
gig.gif

Quote: That's a new one!

Quote:
In Massachusetts the feed stores are required to sell 6 at a minimum; not sure if this applies to back yard people like me. I agree about BYC, lots of interesting people with loads of good information.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on Miracle.. She is doing great tonight! She is standing more steady and is beginning to fill out a little.

here's her brothers outside for the first time tonight

They are too darn cute!! I love the color, must be why I have black and tan dogs, and love reese's peanut butter cups.

LUCKY! I have one Iowa a couple months old and that whole pen will come sit on my arm! NOT THAT SUCKER! she will bite scratch and try to scream the coop down IF you catch her!

Oh, I forgot to post I set 17 Iowa Blues this past weekend to nurture the turkey poults. I also pulled one cracked non developer and set 4 to the side that I think are clear. That still leaves me with 26 going strong!
woot.gif

Debs_Flock, what we tell people looking to buy one goat, and don't have any others is, someone might sell you one, but it won't be me, and point them to lots of info why one goat doesn't work.

thebirdguy: I'm glad miracle is improving, and the other guys are out having fun. We have Nigerian Dwarfs and a neighbor had Nubians and LaManchas. We love visiting each other to see the kids, its such a size different, their kids are practically the size of our adults, and they love seeing the tiny kids.

LUCKY! I have one Iowa a couple months old and that whole pen will come sit on my arm! NOT THAT SUCKER! she will bite scratch and try to scream the coop down IF you catch her!

Quote:
My Iowa Blues are not all lovey dovey either. I did have somebody hatch some from my eggs and her daughter made it a lap chicken.

Back
Top Bottom