First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

i know i am way late but can i join?
i set my first ever turkey eggs today.royal palms,thanks to lotsapaints :hugs
i will be reading and following you guys alot.

what was i thinking?

Last edited:
dinahmoe you are welcome!
wee.gif
Love the drawing! How did you get Wisher trussed up like that!
lol.png
If you haven't already, just send a quick PM to Chookschick so she can add you to the list when she is not as busy. You are considered part of our "asylum" so you can enter the poultry yoga contest that Wisher is running this week. Look back in the posts to get the details.

thanks guys.
i sent a quick PM to Chookschick.

sounds like a fun contest.just did enter in time.

i drew that picture one night around 3am when i realized i was on a chicken forum at 3am.BYC has done this to me.

LUCKY! I have one Iowa a couple months old and that whole pen will come sit on my arm! NOT THAT SUCKER! she will bite scratch and try to scream the coop down IF you catch her!

As chicks they are crazy wild, but my older girls have settled down quite a bit. They won't necessarily jump in my lap, but they will eat out of my hand. Nothing like the Icelandics though, who want to sit on my shoulder and hold the hair out of my eyes while I do chores.

Ok, I have to confess that this is my first time hatching turkeys, and I'm researching late (I know, get the ruler).

I am finding conflicting information on resources regarding temp. Some say the same range as chickens, some say a full 5 degrees higher. I fall upon your mercy, sage turkey hatching BYCers!

Hey, remember me? <* looking around*>

Counting today, I have 8 "fun-filled" days of work left before I retire.

I can't get ANYthing done at home. Barely able to fill feeders and waterers. However, the days have finally turned the corner and I leave at dawn, not before, and get back home before dark, now.

My special order Cayuga baby girls arrived yesterday and are in their brooder next to the Easter Hatch chicks in THEiR brooder. In my office/guest room/Nursery/Incubation room. The 5 WCB Polish chicks went outside into into their segregation coop & pen; however, the smallest one didn't survive the first night, for some reason. Very sad.

The fella who spread the gravel in my driveway called them "The Phyllis Dillers," and the grow out coop "The Diller Residence."

Could we speed up time a little bit to scrunch the next 7 weekdays into two nights? (I don't want to miss out on my upcoming 3-day weekend.)

Last edited:
you huys are nuts with the straight jacket thing... where in earth did THAT come from? I hope Renee' isnt to busy she is supposed to be sending my birds and eggs...I have pm'ed her and got no response and I dont have a "tracking" number either so I dont know if she sent the live birds or not...I just wish I knew what was happening but I am not panicking yet.....YET

Back
Top Bottom