First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

Ok, I have to confess that this is my first time hatching turkeys, and I'm researching late (I know, get the ruler).

I am finding conflicting information on resources regarding temp. Some say the same range as chickens, some say a full 5 degrees higher. I fall upon your mercy, sage turkey hatching BYCers!

Pele, I am not a hatching "expert" but last year when I incubated turkey eggs, I incubated at the same temps as chicken eggs and they hatched fine. In fact the first one hatched one or two days early. I would stick with the same temp as chickens. I have heard a higher humidity for lockdown but again last year I had no issues at "normal" chicken lockdown humidity. I am planning on 65-70% although some people recommend 80%. I will leave that one up to you.

Hey, remember me? <* looking around*>

Counting today, I have 8 "fun-filled" days of work left before I retire.

I can't get ANYthing done at home. Barely able to fill feeders and waterers. However, the days have finally turned the corner and I leave at dawn, not before, and get back home before dark, now.

My special order Cayuga baby girls arrived yesterday and are in their brooder next to the Easter Hatch chicks in THEiR brooder. In my office/guest room/Nursery/Incubation room. The 5 WCB Polish chicks went outside into into their segregation coop & pen; however, the smallest one didn't survive the first night, for some reason. Very sad.

The fella who spread the gravel in my driveway called them "The Phyllis Dillers," and the grow out coop "The Diller Residence."

Could we speed up time a little bit to scrunch the next 7 weekdays into two nights? (I don't want to miss out on my upcoming 3-day weekend.)

Can't do anything to speed up time Linda, but congrats on the upcoming retirement!
clap.gif

you huys are nuts with the straight jacket thing... where in earth did THAT come from? I hope Renee' isnt to busy she is supposed to be sending my birds and eggs...I have pm'ed her and got no response and I dont have a "tracking" number either so I dont know if she sent the live birds or not...I just wish I knew what was happening but I am not panicking yet.....YET

I know that Mahonri was getting the same lack of response from Renee but she did say that she was going to be super busy this week. I would keep trying to PM her to see if you get a response. Straight jackets became a requirement when SCG candled on her day 1 (she even set Saturday because she couldn't wait)
wink.png

i know i am way late but can i join?
i set my first ever turkey eggs today.royal palms,thanks to lotsapaints
hugs.gif

i will be reading and following you guys alot.
what was i thinking?

HAHAHAHA This should be our mascot.

Hey, remember me? <* looking around*>
Counting today, I have 8 "fun-filled" days of work left before I retire.
I can't get ANYthing done at home. Barely able to fill feeders and waterers. However, the days have finally turned the corner and I leave at dawn, not before, and get back home before dark, now.
My special order Cayuga baby girls arrived yesterday and are in their brooder next to the Easter Hatch chicks in THEiR brooder. In my office/guest room/Nursery/Incubation room. The 5 WCB Polish chicks went outside into into their segregation coop & pen; however, the smallest one didn't survive the first night, for some reason. Very sad.
The fella who spread the gravel in my driveway called them "The Phyllis Dillers," and the grow out coop "The Diller Residence."
Could we speed up time a little bit to scrunch the next 7 weekdays into two nights? (I don't want to miss out on my upcoming 3-day weekend.)

Congrats on your retirement and on your new duckies!

Straight jackets became a requirement when SCG candled on her day 1 (she even set Saturday because she couldn't wait)
wink.png

Now wait a second here. I'm more than willing to admit to my psychoses, but I'm not willing to take the blame for all the psychoses on the entire thread.

Gak! Boyfriends back... gotta go hoophouse build again.

Ok, I have to confess that this is my first time hatching turkeys, and I'm researching late (I know, get the ruler).

I am finding conflicting information on resources regarding temp. Some say the same range as chickens, some say a full 5 degrees higher. I fall upon your mercy, sage turkey hatching BYCers!

here ya go.. http://www.porterturkeys.com/egghatchingtips.htm

it's the same method my family has been using for well over 100 years with fantastic success

Thanks for the advice Dsqard and Yinepu! I appreciate it, and my egg-babies will especially appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom