First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

Quote: It hasn't happened to me YET. I tryto be very careful to avaoid this oozing mess, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time!!!
lau.gif

All rightie, Foothills dwellers, what was that huge explosion at 8 a.m.? My dogs alerted before it happened, I thought it might be an earthquake but it wasn't.... (I keep the USGS "Recent quakes" site handy all the time.)

News in SacTown are talking about a meteor exploding in the air (not a hit to the ground)

All I can say is the geese and the roosters also all went nuts.

My dogs all started barking right around then also (I live about a half hour from Linda), but I haven't had the news on. I'll have to take a look.

Deb

Quote: Wisher I have to say that I was very proud of myself for about a year and a half. Made it that long before my first pocket omelette. It went downhill rapidly after that. I have since had three or four in the last six months. I guess I was making up for lost time.
lau.gif

I might have one more person showing up tomorrow to buy some more chicks. SCG, I hope your guess on the faster feathers are girls or I sold a family five roo's the other day.
gig.gif
I wouldn't feel so bad but they only live just down the street so I am sure I will hear about it if I did. Although the ad does say straight run.

Sometimes it is not so bad living in Utah

Great Salt Lake with the Wasatch mountains to the east

Lady who was nice enough to take me out so I could take the pictures.​

Gorgeous views D!

I was in the basement planting some sprouted cuke seeds into their new homes. I turn around, walk towards the basement door, lost in my own seed starting world, when a big black rat goes scurrying by my feet and under the table. I scream at the top of my lungs, BF comes rushing down. I explain that a ginormous rat just scurried by... and that he has to kill it. He gets a flashlight and peers under the table in the basement. Starts laughing. Yeah, it's an escaped black chick.

I swear it was a rat.

He's named it Ratty.

They've now lost heat lamp privileges so I can close the top to their brooder. It's about that time, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom