First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

I can tell you, the cheapest on the wrap is at Walmart in the pet/horse section. The stuff sold for wrapping a horse's tail is by far the least expensive. I've bought it from everywhere. My Great Dane has "happy tail" syndrome and I've been wrapping her tail for nine months now and probably will be for the rest of her (hopefully long) life.

Deb

I can tell you, the cheapest on the wrap is at Walmart in the pet/horse section. The stuff sold for wrapping a horse's tail is by far the least expensive. I've bought it from everywhere. My Great Dane has "happy tail" syndrome and I've been wrapping her tail for nine months now and probably will be for the rest of her (hopefully long) life.

Deb

Deb, do some colors work better than others? Is this still the vetwrap type? I think Donna said the pinks and reds didn't hold as well. I've only used blues/green/purples-- I'm not very adventurous!

I was using a "normal" color originally, sold as a people sports type wrap. Then I found the horse tail wrap, it was nearly half the cost. It is bright electric blue. Of course I have to supplement with a sports tape. Otherwise Emma just slides the wrap off the end of her tail. I am now an expert on wrapping the tip of a VERY long, hard wagging tail!

Deb

Oh, the rest of your question. Yes, it's a vet wrap. The vet has used red, purple & blue. There didn't seem to be much difference in the sticking power. They were just using what was in the drawer. It seemed to be colored based on the width.

Deb

I found out the hard way not to use red bands on chickens - it seems to attract a lot of attention. No one was injured, but I couldn't tell them apart after they were pulled off
roll.png

Oh, the rest of your question. Yes, it's a vet wrap. The vet has used red, purple & blue. There didn't seem to be much difference in the sticking power. They were just using what was in the drawer. It seemed to be colored based on the width.

Deb
I bet that office buys the widths in specific colors for ease of use. THere is another company that makes the vet wrap under a different name, co___ ? something like that. It is exactly the same and much cheaper.

I bet that office buys the widths in specific colors for ease of use. THere is another company that makes the vet wrap under a different name, co___ ? something like that. It is exactly the same and much cheaper.
Yep, I've used a lot of Coflex in my day. Used to buy it by the case, then my horses grew up and stopped hurting themselves. (where's the knock-on-wood smiley?)

I found out the hard way not to use red bands on chickens - it seems to attract a lot of attention. No one was injured, but I couldn't tell them apart after they were pulled off
roll.png

I helped unload the hay truck this morning, all 16 tons, and I kept seeing red out of the corner of my eye. I looked to double check for an injury EVERYTIME! . IT was the cab of the truck EVERYTIME!! I'm so used to being on the lookout for injuries, not that they happen often, but red means blood right? I stopped buying red halters and never buy red vet wrap. Causes me unnecessary stress!
gig.gif

A couple of pictures of the Bourbon Reds I hatched on Cinco de Mayo..........or a day or two early......
wink.png

I am letting them out now in the evening just before locking up so they get a chance to meet the other juvies that don't go to roost as early as the adult flock does.

Harassing a New Hampshire that is a month older......... the NHs can't figure out why the BRs won't just leave them alone........

Chasing one of the juvenile Icelandic boys....if someone runs from them, they take up the chase......

Looking adorable..........

I love my BR. THe pale lavender fluff slowly darkens over the many molts to adulthood. They are wicked little creatures, and even look like velocirators!
lol.png
I have a few 10 month olds and the duck chases them, breaking the tail feathers, they look a wreck.

Glad you are enjoying your babies!

Back
Top Bottom