First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

I have no idea on temperaments. I just went with what appealed to me and a variety. I ordered Royal Palms, Slates & Tiger Bronze. I wanted a colorful turkey yard. Of course, I'll have to seperate at breeding time.

Deb

How many did you order?

I was just reading an old poultry book c. 1910 and suggested 20 hens to 1 tom and all raised off the land, exceptduring breeding season and egg collection time.

I just ordered five of each to get the 15 minimum order.

It was tough though, there were so many I loved. Part of the reason I got is what they throw. Slate to slate will also produce blue and black. Tiger Bronze to Tiger Bronze produced several varieties, including Sweetgrass which was another I liked.

Deb

Anyone else want to do a Cinco de Octubre (or Septiembre) Hatch-a-thon?
big_smile.png
We could call it the "Window Licker's Edition!"

Last edited:
I got home from vacation yesterday. DH and I went on a four day trip. I think the BS were eating Ortho or something because they have gotten huge
ep.gif
I will have to run out and snap a few pics of them. SCG you better build whatever you are going to build for the goats really strong.
wink.png

Two nubians, wether and doeling. They're being weaned now and I'll take ownership 1 August. They're half siblings. Free. (besides the food, shelter, fencing... lol)

We found a clearance 8x10 shed at Lowes for 300$ ... something like that. It was insanely dirt cheap. We'd need to of course build it from the kit, and then install windows and vents. But it's cheaply built and it's also built of thin metal, so I'm thinking it won't hold up well to goats, or our 6 months of winter here, and it seems kind of a pain in the butt to build it just to have to outfit it to what we need.

BF built an awesome chicken coop and then had to build an addition onto it... then a duck coop, then a rooster hoop house...

Now goats.

I do hope I'm worth it.

I got home from vacation yesterday.  DH and I went on a four day trip.  I think the BS were eating Ortho or something because they have gotten huge :eek:   I will have to run out and snap a few pics of them.  SCG you better build whatever you are going to build for the goats really strong.  ;)

It would be a mrheinz77 happy 35th birthday hatchathon. :lau

Back
Top Bottom