first egg at 16 weeks :-)

I'm not actually sure!!! My daughters school had them as eggs so they could watch them hatch and learn all about it!!! I said I would love to have chickens and the teacher said I could take them but she didn't know much about breed apart from they were mixed breed with a red hen and white rooster??? That's all the info I had :(

That would be a Red Sex Link. They're know to be early and very productive layers. I have six that are 15 weeks old and can't wait for my first egg!

Do they look like this?.......

Yes a few weeks ago they looked almost exactly like that!!!! I have 4 of them, I think only 3 of them are laying at the minute. Not long now for you to wait
celebrate.gif
sooo exciting
This is how they look now

The picture I posted is a couple of weeks old. They have developed more comb and wattles but not as large as your biggest (the one with the red band).

Did your eggs get laid in the nesting box or did you find them in a weird place? I just prepared their nesting boxes and put a couple of golf balls in there. I just can't wait to find an egg!!

That is a beautiful first egg! I am so jealous right now I still have a ways to go before our RSL start to lay! They are 7 weeks old right now,but I am patiently waiting til the older flock begins to lay which could be any day now!!

The picture I posted is a couple of weeks old. They have developed more comb and wattles but not as large as your biggest (the one with the red band).

Did your eggs get laid in the nesting box or did you find them in a weird place? I just prepared their nesting boxes and put a couple of golf balls in there. I just can't wait to find an egg!!

I know, it seems to take forever when your waiting doesn't it!!!! I have found 5 eggs now in total and only one of them were in the nesting box, the others all in the run :/

That is a beautiful first egg! I am so jealous right now I still have a ways to go before our RSL start to lay! They are 7 weeks old right now,but I am patiently waiting til the older flock begins to lay which could be any day now!!

Why thank you I am very proud of it:lol: hope you don't have too much longer to wait!!!!

Back
Top Bottom