First Egg Ever!

How old are your chickens? Mine are 3 months old and I'm still waiting for that first egg.

I am guessing , but I think around 16 weeks.
I was out ther pretty much all day, never heard any unusual noise.
I have heard that they will start squaking when ready, but pretty quiet today, as usual.

My one hen has been making squawking for about a week now but still no egg. I'll try to be patient but I am hoping it will be soon. She is a Road Island Red.She was 3 months on the 7th .

my rhode islands just now started to lay and they r 21 weeks and only 1 of my 3 is laying so i still have to wait for the others to fall into their maturity

Thanks for the information. I will pass it on to my sister-in-law she has two the same age as mine. Just can't wait.

I have 7 red sex links that are 17 weeks. 3 of them have been laying for a week now but all their eggs have been much smaller than what you have.
New to chickens. Had three red sex-links for three weeks now.
First egg today.

The egg looks a little bigger in the pic than it really is. It is about the size of a medium egg. Her second egg was a little smaller than the first. Out of the three hens, only one has been laying, one egg per day, usually around 10 am. Waiting for the others. I understand that the eggs will get larger with time.

Back
Top Bottom