First Egg! Woo-hoo!

Fun! Lovely little egg too

We just got some of our first eggs last week! Only one funky almost transparent one that was broken in the box the rest have been perfect. Now if only the rest would start laying.....

Congrats!

There are 15 other girls that should lay any day now. I'm sure alot of those will be a little transparent or goofy looking.

Remember........

20180705_135022.jpg

Congrats. Are they typically the same size chicken & duck eggs? If I'm not mistaken, duck eggs have a deeper orange yolk? Enjoy!
Right now the duck eggs are about the same size as a regular egg, but what I have seen on the internet shows that duck eggs are normally bigger. However she is a pretty small duck. The yolk was a very dark color and it cooked up quite fluffy!

I have been suspicious that some of my girls should be laying, but are hiding them in the woods where they hang out during the day. We are going to Houston tonight for an Astros game so they are still locked up in their run. Guess what? I have found eggs in the run! Sneaky girls! :th

I have been suspicious that some of my girls should be laying, but are hiding them in the woods where they hang out during the day. We are going to Houston tonight for an Astros game so they are still locked up in their run. Guess what? I have found eggs in the run! Sneaky girls! :th

Yes they can be sneaky! I did a thorough coop cleaning yesterday, and added hay to the run. I didn't find any hidden anywhere. I think putting new hay in the nesting boxes they appreciated and gave us another egg.

Back
Top Bottom