First Egg!!!

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
We got our first egg this morning...or possibly over the weekend. My mother-in-law watched them over the weekend and I never told her to be on the lookout for eggs. I cleaned their house on Friday. And opened their house today now that we are home!

I've noticed an imprint there, it's been someone's favorite spot for over a week! I figured we were getting close I put out Oyster shells, they didn't touch them for the longest time and then they ate them all last week. I better go put some more out!

Now I just need to figure out which one laid it between my 2 girls!
20230103_122750.jpg

20230103_122934.jpg

Whoo Hoo!!! Super Exciting!!!!!!!

I am anxiously awaiting my girls to "kick it in gear" again!!! I have customers anxious to get back in Duck Egg Delight. Added 6 more young girls to the flock for a total of (potentially) 14 eggs/day. Have had artificial light on them since Oct. (no eggs yet :idunno) They are young, June 2022, so I need to be patient.
Enjoy your treasure(s)!!!

Whoo Hoo!!! Super Exciting!!!!!!!

I am anxiously awaiting my girls to "kick it in gear" again!!! I have customers anxious to get back in Duck Egg Delight. Added 6 more young girls to the flock for a total of (potentially) 14 eggs/day. Have had artificial light on them since Oct. (no eggs yet :idunno) They are young, June 2022, so I need to be patient.
Enjoy your treasure(s)!!!
Thank you!! It was super exciting!! Super fun for the kids to see also!

Mine were mid July 2022, but I live in the PNW and we had such cold weather ( for here) before Christmas, low 20's and then like true Oregon weather, jumped straight to 50-55 degrees from the 20's right after Christmas. Wondering if the jump to warmer weather helped mine along. 🤔

Hoping yours start soon!

These are my 2 "poopsies" :D

took the picture today as I looked at them and wondered which one is the egg layer already, but they're not talking :clap
20230103_144613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom