First egg!!!

KDK1

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
Tennessee Plateau
We got our first egg yesterday, and wouldn't you know it,we're 1000 miles away. My chicken sitter emailed me and said he knew something was up when he opened the coop door and saw a golf ball in the middle of the coop floor. She evicted it from the nest and replaced it with a perfect brown egg... Yea!!! He said he'll take a picture of it before he fries it!

Last edited:
Congratulations! We got our first white egg this past week - and it was so much fun! We're headed out of town this morning, and I just know that my brown egg layers and blue egg layers will probably lay their first eggs while we're out of town.

Just think - by the time you get back home, you'll have eggs waiting on you!

Congrats on your 1st egg. That's so exciting and you will have something great to come home to. Your chickens are growing up! For some reason it made me think of my son's 1st day of kg..another great milestone. Hope you are having fun wherever you are and be safe

I already told the sitter that he could keep any eggs since he's doing me a favor. I'm going to make him one of my automatic waterters for his services.

woot.gif
Maybe your sitter can take a picture of your first egg and send it to you. Congratulations!

Quote:
He said he would but don't think I can post it with this "smart" phone. I'll have to wait till I get home on the 15th. Is your feeder still working OK?

Back
Top Bottom