First ever hatch - Call Ducks

donnavee

Crowing
13 Years
May 7, 2009
Hillsborough NC
This is the first time we have ever hatched any eggs so we are so delighted to have 7 little fuzzy ducklings that hatched on Tuesday. We removed them from the bator on Thursday and they are all doing great. I can't believe how tiny they are, but they are growing fast. One even managed to escape the brooder this morning. There are 5 Calls, 2 BEIs and 1 Call/Australian Spotted mix.

And they may be small, but they can still poop up the place in no time.
barnie.gif

30647_hatchlings3_041511.jpg

Aw, look at your box of baby poopers...I mean ducklings. I have 4 in the brooder right now and I understand the unbelievable poop surplus you're talking about.
How can something SOOOOOO small and cute that doesn't eat that much create that kind of mess? It's one of life's mysteries.
big_smile.png

Your babies are precious! Congrats.

Quote:
The eggs came from our ducks who never lay in the nests that DH built for them. Hollow trees and depressions in the ground seem to be much more attractive laying places.
hmm.png
We got the parents from a local breeder in Chapel Hill that we found on Craigs List last year. I really just set the eggs because I had been given an incubator and I wanted to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom