First ever hatch... Can't wait.

Hello all!! Coming along well.... 10 chicks hatched so far. Did loose one yesterday but I think it's going we!! :)

We have two so far! Ones from my barred rock eggs. Daddy's an easter egger and they both appear to have beards. Pics are of the first encouraging the 2nd one out and then pics of the 2nd chick emerging. Friends have been over all today mobbing the incubator!

It's SO exhausting being born! LOL

Last edited:
All Of Them Have Pips Except For My Three Blue Ameraucana Eggs... :( Hopefully They Are Just Slow.

Mine all pipped today! 2 days early. but only 2 so far. They may not be early I grabbed them Late, and even though the hen wasn't on
them at the time doesn't mean she didn't start them while I was gone. Then my hen went broody 3 days ago and has 10 eggs from herself and my other hen.

Only 3 (my hen went broody before I got more in) they are alive and chirping just haven't done much in 3 hours. My first time hatching too so I keep checking them but not opening the incubator.

3rd baby is out and 9 to go...and finally two of my Ameraucana eggs have pips in them! Now I'm battling the temps, though. It was down to 97.2 and I turned it up and it only went up a little and I've had to turn it up even more. Didn't have any problems with temp up until today. So frustrating. I'm worried to go to bed now....

Back
Top Bottom