First hatch of the season

wolfpack62001

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
New Brockton, Alabama
Well this has to be a first for me.
I had 2 loaded Bators going with 84 eggs, and I didnt candle and I didnt worry to much about the humidity till the last 3 days.
Well Folks I now have 83 babies, they were popping out like popcorn in there.
I am truley amazed that I had this good a hatch rate.
I hatched out Arucana and Alabama Ground Parrots, some even have featherd feet.
Ill post picks soon
Todd

That is absolutely incredible! And I love the visual of them popping like popcorn. Geez, what a hatch rate, that is phenomenal. Theres a lesson in there somewhere...

Awesome job wolfpack62001....Now you get to play chickys....
wee.gif

DW has the youngins visiting Granma and Pappa, DH has way to much time on his hands;)
Here are some pics of my brooder, its not made of cardboard thats just the wind shield, and please ignore the German Soda Pop bottle.

000_0183.jpg

Some serious heat
000_0184.jpg

Mostly my Arucanas

000_0185.jpg

The black ones are the Ground Parrots

000_0186.jpg

The worlds ugliest chicken, if you have a bad heart dont look

000_0188.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

He He He, sorry to laugh, get the same reaction at work.
Definition as per Todd:
Alabama Ground Parrot, a bird indiginous to Lower Eastern Alabama, East L.A. Baby!
Comes in many forms, thought to have derived from the Fella down the street when his Roo got loose and jumped my fence and visited my hens for awile.
They are a cross between a Game Hen, Partidge Rock and Dominiquer with some Cohchen mixed in for good measure.
Some experts refer to this Statly and Rare Bird as a Mutt, but That is a term for Dogs, I on the other hand have fine hardy birds that dont belong in the Poultry Standards book.
Oh and my Dog is an Aruban Curb Setter:lol:

Ill take care of that for you tomarrow Kris.
My 2 big breed roos are mixes and are good with the hens, I hatched them for a friend in Dec 06, he got to many roos felt sorry for him so I took them in.
I also raise Phesant, going to get more this comming weekend.

Back
Top Bottom