First Month Mistakes

What's why I put cardboard around it. But that makes sense....I have sifisticated birds and at a week they just jump out of the tub lol so they instead of being in the hours they go to garage in dog kennel...I have never had them jump out of the dog kennel so I like it better.
Ah, I cut a hole In the tub lid and duck taped chicken wire to the top… then put the lid on. It ain’t pretty but it keeps them in.

I can hardly remember that time of my life. It's a jumbled mess of memories.
I would -- and should -- have cleaned out their box more frequently as they got towards the end of their indoor time, though. I tend to slack a little around that time, and it always smells utterly wretched.
I should also get something permanent to cover the top of their box so that they stop fluttering out every time they remember that they, ya know, have wings.

Ah, I cut a hole In the tub lid and duck taped chicken wire to the top… then put the lid on. It ain’t pretty but it keeps them in.
That is a really good idea I might have try that with my next batch....how many chicks do you put in there? And till how old ? Do you have pics ? I am just curious....to reference yours to mine

That is a really good idea I might have try that with my next batch....how many chicks do you put in there? And till how old ? Do you have pics ? I am just curious....to reference yours to mine
Depends if I’m doing chickens or quail. I usually kick chicken chicks outside between 4-6 weeks, Quail chicks go out at three weeks. No pics unfortunately.

You could not put any bedding in the kennel because of the bars. Paper towels was the best you could do, and they ended up soggy and torn to shreds and did absolutely nothing. With the tub you can use paper for the first few days, the put a nice few inches of shavings down.
When I use a kennel I use dog pee pads because they hold moisture and are easy to clean. I believe a tub is still easier though.

*sigh* This is less advice, and more of a prank I pulled on myself. So my polish got her head pecked, tiny amount of blood, but I'm a noob so I'm in panic mode. So I'm on my bathroom floor with a little struggle nugget and a new bottle of blu kote. So I'm trying to get it started and won't spray. I sprayed it into my sink without thinking. So uhh, don't dye your sink blue :idunno

Back
Top Bottom