First pip from first batch ever!!!

thebrianbarno

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013

So I woke up at 3 AM today and was surprised to see a pip in one of the 10 eggs I set on the 23rd of March. Followed by several chirps. No movement yet... I'm kind of worried. Any tips or info to calm me down? :p

BTW if you wanna see the live stream I have on ustream click here.. http://ustre.am/WCet Enjoy!

Last edited:
Our eggs were rocking first day of lockdown and then got very quiet. We had our first pip 2nd day of lockdown at 12 pm. Then all stopped again until 21 hours later. I was looking for progress and happened to be there when the beak popped a piece of shell off the egg. Then I heard the chick peeping, had heard nothing from any of the eggs until then. Was zipped and out of the egg within the hour. Then to our surprise a second egg pipped a hour after the first hatch. We were worried..almost 24 hours after pipping and nothing. Don't worry...let it happen....they know how to do it lol
jumpy.gif

First chick to hatch...

Im sorry to hear that. Yet I have 2 viewers online right now. Try going to ustream.com and searching "baby chicks hatching soon"
hope it works

Back
Top Bottom