First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

Hello all!
Brand new to chickens this year. We have six Black Australorps that we got two days ago. I can't believe they are already getting bigger! I should have some pictures soon. We are hoping to add a duckling or two soon, but they have been hard to come by around here. Can't wait to see every ones new chicks and hear your stories!

I'm excited to join this group! We got our first chicks in January. We have 2 barred rocks, 2 Easter Eggers, 1 black sex link, 1 brown leghorn, 1 silkie, and 1 lavender Orpington. We have 3 human babies too, ages 5,3, and 1. They are loving it!

I am new to having chicks I have 12 stright run 6 black Aust and 6 rir I am nervous after reading some of the things on here I have them in a through with a heat lamp food and water some times there huddling other times there all over the place here is a pic of my set up if anything needs to be changed please let me know

Looks great. If they are just huddled while sleeping I think that's fine. That's what mine did. I've heard having the lamp on one side is good. If they are always huddled you may move it down lower.

We're new to being chicken parents! We picked up our peepers yesterday. We've got two australorps, two rhode island reds, and two amberlinks, all pullets. We've never been chicken parents before, so we're excited and hope this is a more trial than error scenario. So far, despite a small case of pasty butt (that was quickly remedied), all are doing well in their little brooder set up until they can get out in the coop.

Hello all!
Brand new to chickens this year. We have six Black Australorps that we got two days ago. I can't believe they are already getting bigger! I should have some pictures soon. We are hoping to add a duckling or two soon, but they have been hard to come by around here. Can't wait to see every ones new chicks and hear your stories!

Quote:

Hi there! Welcome! I am a new joiner/soon to be new parent myself. Glad to have ya here! Happy to hear the chicks are doing well in their new home!

Last edited:
Hi, I just got my first ever chicks a few days ago! I ended up getting 4, 2 week old barred rock chicks from a guy down the street. I also ended up getting 2 Rhode Island Red mixes,2 wyandottes, 2 light Brahmas, then 2 of which I'm pretty sure are Buff orpingtons

Back
Top Bottom