First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

I do with al mine except deep fry and penguin who have no fear of me unless I am not in my chair. Seem they think mom's only ok in the chair cause they love to flip upon to my lap especially for treata. The rest are slowly understanding that. But one day I am a)owed to pet and touch em the next no go. I figure slow and steady will win and will know I won't harm em

I am thinking maybe some bribery with treats will help?! Lol what treats do you feed yours? Mine are Thema and Louise :)

I went into the store for a grooming brush for the goats. I came out of the store with 10 more chicks and no brush. :rolleyes:

But in my defense, I got 4 silver-penciled bantam cochins (I have one and it is the most stunning bird!), 3 Polish including the white-capped black I had on my list, and 3 Egyptian Fayoumi pullets which were on the May order that I canceled.

Luckily, I've got another group of chicks ready to be kicked outside so the brooder will only be a little overcrowded for one night. I finally got to sit with the outside chicks today and just relax. It was really nice. A few brave souls actually hopped onto my legs or pecked at my arm freckles. It was a pretty warm day, but there was a breeze, so some of the smaller ones would pop under "mama lectro-kennel pad" for a brief warm up. I was wondering if they were still using it, so it was good to confirm.

Umm, yeah. I have the same problem. The local feed store is one exit away from my job on my way home... so I stop in with similar intentions for supplies and come home with chicks or chicken gear instead. My husband is gonna ban me at some point! HAHA!

[/IMG]
Our girls took their first trip outside. They are just over four weeks old. We are hustling to finish the coop so they can move outside once they have their feathers and the temp here stays steady. My girl Claire came over as soon as I entered the run. She is very friendly and enjoys being held.

:)
Mine went back out today for 3 hours. I wanted to leave them out longer but Snickers, the barn queen, was out and I couldn't supervise. Since I was out for a while, our albino robin came out of hiding so I snapped a few more photos of her. I named her Angel.

Our Orpingtons are 5 weeks old now. Crazy how fast they grow the first several weeks. No official names yet, we just call them by the color band. Now, we just have to pick a boy to keep. I'll post pictures of the silkies when I can get them.

Yellow
enhance

Red
enhance

White
enhance

Purple
enhance

Black
enhance

Blue
enhance