First time hatching - home-made incubator

Was woken up at 2am to the racket this one was making!

Checked in again at 4:30 on my way to work and it was looking much more alert and starting to fluff out.

Last edited:
GOOD FOR YOU!! It would be SO NICE to have a step-by-step on how you built your incubator to follow in you steps!! CONGRATULATIONS

I would also like to see more details on the incubator you built plucky as from the pictures it looks like you are forcing air under the eggs then allowing it to return via some cloth. Its a interesting idea.

I would also like to see more details on the incubator you built plucky as from the pictures it looks like you are forcing air under the eggs then allowing it to return via some cloth. Its a interesting idea.

I'll try to write the details up in a bit. Right now I'm trying to babysit an over eager chick trying to hatch out before he's ready (got'a be a guy...
1f61c.png
) his hatchmate made it out hours ago and he's determined not to be left behind!

Last edited:
ok..to be fully honest...my hatch is staggered...3 are due the 13th...2 are due the 14th, 2 the 16th, the rest on the 20th, but one on the 21...grr. I am bad!

I'm actually very surprised that any of the 6 eggs that I set actually made it! They were so beat up in the mail, box crushed in on one side, air cells wobbling all over the place and here I am with absolutely no experience doing my own hatching! Very thankful for all the information and great people on BYC!

Back
Top Bottom