First time incubating

20A06055-7022-49D9-8BF7-C20D4352A0A6.jpeg

The little one in trouble we helped out appears to be doing well!

So with me being gone over the weekend. And these antiquated incubators being very labor-intensive I felt it necessary to upgrade as the last two Easter Eggers are supposed to hatch over the weekend. Tomorrow or Thursday is supposed to be lockdown day.
Unfortunately I’m headed out of town for a funeral. Soo I hope the new ones hatch without issue!

0B6AB3B7-8CB0-452B-86CE-85CD419E5987.jpeg

It worked! Switching was the good idea.
F97DA62F-9EC3-46C4-B86E-4F5A3D68247A.jpeg

Now in two days if the other doesn’t hatch I’m cleaning this out and reloading to see what the hatch percentage is start to finish. Plus it’s fun.

How many did you end up with?
Only 4 out of the first batch. All 4 were started in the Little Giants. The easter egger was finished up in the new one.

I have started the second batch in the newer incubator. Fingers crossed here! I do believe my brother's rooster is lazy, and since I'm not paying for the eggs I don't mind the experiment as much!

Since they've been in there over a week I candled them this evening. I think I have 3 solid winners so far. The other eggs are so dark brown I don't know what to make of them. There are a few small eggs that aren't showing any signs and I'll remove those next weekend.

I am curious how it goes!
There were 4 definite winners so far. Some of the eggs were just too small looking, but I left them in just to see. Some of the eggs are SO BROWN and hard to see through and I am letting them stay in just in case as well. 7 days is all they have left until lockdown.

On a side note I went to TSC to get a bigger feeder for the coop and ended up bringing home 4 Black Marans...hahahahahah.

Back
Top Bottom