first time incubating

Awwww I'm so sorry. I agree with WalnutHill, not much for you to do at this point but wait. Hoping for the best for the others. Hang in there.

Well, I don't think the sole fact of incubating horizontal would do it. After all, eggs that are set under a broody hen are horizontal and we know they have fantastic hatch rates.

Were you turning the eggs several times per day? because not being turned often enough seems like it would be more of a factor than simply having the eggs lying horizontally in the incubator.

I am sorry things are not looking good, I hope some of the others manage to hatch out ok. It's a good sign that the eggs are moving.

I think I might be hearing chirping from inside the eggs. So hard to tell with all the birds outside my window but I looked up a YouTube video of chick chirping inside an egg and that's exactly what it sounds like! So excited, I think I've figured out which ones making all the noise because it rocks every time I hear chirping. Really hoping he hatches soon! Or at least pips so I know he's on his way!

I think I might be hearing chirping from inside the eggs. So hard to tell with all the birds outside my window but I looked up a YouTube video of chick chirping inside an egg and that's exactly what it sounds like! So excited, I think I've figured out which ones making all the noise because it rocks every time I hear chirping. Really hoping he hatches soon! Or at least pips so I know he's on his way!

Cool!! If you play the video of baby chicks chirping to them, sometimes it will stimulate them! Talk to them, sing to them!

Cool!! If you play the video of baby chicks chirping to them, sometimes it will stimulate them! Talk to them, sing to them!

Hehe I've already been doing all of that. At least a couple of the eggs seemed to respond with wiggling and sometimes chirping:)still no cracks but the egg that was opened and died still had a yolk attached so I expect they're not quite ready. Hopefully by morning I'll see some pipping!

Hehe I've already been doing all of that. At least a couple of the eggs seemed to respond with wiggling and sometimes chirping:)still no cracks but the egg that was opened and died still had a yolk attached so I expect they're not quite ready. Hopefully by morning I'll see some pipping!

So did you wake up to some pips or chicks??

Nope :( just a couple of wobbly eggs. I'm starting to wonder if I imagined the chirping. Maybe I'm losing my mind from staring into an incubator all day. Are they ever gonna hatch?

So you are on day 26?? Are these chickens or ducks or something else?? (sorry, I can't remember... to many details with so many people hatching right now) 26 days is pushing it for chickens (not unheard of, but most folks would have tossed them by now.... I suppose you could try a float test.

of my 25 eggs--2 hatched out completely yesterday afternoon (took full 18-20 hours from first tiny crack) another struggling to get out of shell now! But maybe 10 pip cracks visible on other eggs today---- I can't figure out why they wiggle so long, and some haven't wiggled at all Today is day 21 or 22

of my 25 eggs--2 hatched out completely yesterday afternoon (took full 18-20 hours from first tiny crack) another struggling to get out of shell now! But maybe 10 pip cracks visible on other eggs today---- I can't figure out why they wiggle so long, and some haven't wiggled at all Today is day 21 or 22
What do you mean "wiggle so long"?

Back
Top Bottom