First time letting broody Orp hatch for us....

ChknObsessedANG

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 13, 2012
Moorestown, NJ
We purchased some Polish eggs and when they arrived, we had the incubator all set up and ready, but noticed that our Buff Orp, Abbey, was going broody! So, because they were eggs we purchased, we weren't sure we wanted to put the eggs under her since she is "unproven"...but decided to let her hatch 4 of the 7 we got and put the other 3 in the incubator. She has been sitting on those eggs like a good girl so far! We are on Day 14 today and I want to candle them tonight!!
So, the A/C unit went out 2 days ago and I cannot for the life of me get the incubator stabilized in this heat...so I am thinking of just moving the last 3 eggs out with Abbey. (And the A/C guy STILL hasn't returned my calls to fix it!!) Grrrrr........
Best laid plans......

I would go ahead an put them under the broody
D.gif
, they will have a better chance hatching, as long as the eggs didn't get to hot for a long period of time they should be ok
thumbsup.gif
. find oldchurcheggery1, she had a 18+ hour power outage,and posted a tread about it , it is interesting to read,
pop.gif

Thank you for your advice! I did go ahead and put them under the Orp and she hatched 5 out of 6!! Now she is running around with the little chicks following her everywhere! Too cute!!

Yeah!!! I just put five more eggs under Black Broody today so now she has 11 out there. and she actually has them all under her!!! I didnt think they would fit!!

Back
Top Bottom