First Time Setting Guinea Eggs.....

The shells are extra thick, so it's usually easiest at the 10 day mark for those that don't have a whole lot of experience at candling, and usually veins are clearly visible by then. Some candle at day 7 with good success. The key is a super dark room and a super bright flashlight or candler.

The shells are extra thick, so it's usually easiest at the 10 day mark for those that don't have a whole lot of experience at candling, and usually veins are clearly visible by then. Some candle at day 7 with good success. The key is a super dark room and a super bright flashlight or candler.
so i candled my eggs just an hour ago, of the whole buch only 16 look fertile with veins and little dot swimming around, the rest all crystal clear.....arrrgh.....o well, lets see what comes out of those 16 eggs.

hi everyone, well i went to lockdown yesterday with the remaining 15 eggs and today 10 have hatched, also i put to lockdown my chicken eggs and 18 have hatched from the batch i ended up in lockdown......ill upload some pics tomorrow......so excited......
wee.gif

That's great news. You still may get more that hatch, so don't give up on them yet.

I've got 29 eggs due to hatch next weekend, but one impatient keet that piped today. Not sure exactly why one would pip that much earlier than the others, but going to let it be and see what happens. I just might end up with one keet a little older than the others.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom