Pics
Hi! Does anyone have advice on Mystery Snails? I was surprised with them for my birthday, I now have 10! They’re adorable but they were left outside for three days because it hadn’t showed they were delivered. I didn’t know I was getting them either. Now I have them and I am utterly confused. I did last minute research in an attempt to keep them alive. They’re in a ten gallon tank, no real plants which I’m going to change as soon as I can and get duckweed? Would duckweed be good? Java moss? I also have nothing to feed them, and again, they were outside with no food for three days. I feel awful for them but I couldn’t be prepared because I didn’t know. I feel guilty for not having any food. I put carrots in their tank (which has a lid and air holes) but they haven’t really ate it. Now it’s floating so I’ll remove it, but I need to put something in there for them to eat. Literally any advice would be appreciated. I love them so much already and couldn’t bare losing them. (I get attached quick.) Again, any help would be a life saver. Like can I feed them green beans or peas??
They love green beans. Straight out of the can or fresh should be parboiled to sink. Anything fresh should be. 3 days w/ no food wont hurt them but maybe the cold/heat or no air might. You can tell if they died because they smell like hell..

They love green beans. Straight out of the can or fresh should be parboiled to sink. Anything fresh should be. 3 days w/ no food wont hurt them but maybe the cold/heat or no air might. You can tell if they died because they smell like hell..
Okay! I fed them but none of them went to the food or has eaten as far as I can tell. No air..? I left a few inches of air and the lid has air holes, is that enough? Everyone told me not to use a filter so I haven’t put one in but I do have one if I need to use it! The tank water is around 75 degrees, and the pH level is 7.8! I used to have a Betta fish so I had the tools to check the pH and temperature! They’re all hanging at the top of the water/out of the water, is it for air?

How big are they ? What kind of filter ? Your water will smell after a while w/ no filter. But they can be sucked up into the filter unless its a sponge type.

How big are they ? What kind of filter ? Your water will smell after a while w/ no filter. But they can be sucked up into the filter unless its a sponge type.
They are small! The largest one is nearly two centimeters, I don’t know how old or anything about them really. They’re different colors and sizes. Someone said to change the water monthly, but it’s already getting murky so I’d assume more like weekly but I don’t really know. The filter we had was a sponge filter so if I should use it, I’ll put it in! Some people said putting in a filter would oxygenate the air, which some fish need. I fed them blanched carrots, green beans and spinach!

Use the sponge, they need clean water too and dont over feed. Sounds like you gave too much. They are small they will eat all of them together maybe one carrot slice in a couple days. Or 2 green bean cuts . They will probably enjoy the spinach the best so you can take the rest out and pop it in a ziplock for later. They will crawl out of a tank sometimes so a good lid is a must. Mine never have. Just what I was told.

Use the sponge, they need clean water too and dont over feed. Sounds like you gave too much. They are small they will eat all of them together maybe one carrot slice in a couple days. Or 2 green bean cuts . They will probably enjoy the spinach the best so you can take the rest out and pop it in a ziplock for later. They will crawl out of a tank sometimes so a good lid is a must. Mine never have. Just what I was told.
Thank you so much! You’re definitely easing a lot of my concerns! I’ll take out the carrots and everything but the spinach. I hope their algae wafers get here soon, though! I’ll find my filters, I had a bunch for spare! They seem healthy, I guess. I looked at their shells for cracks and they look alright! They’re fairly active except for at night. I got cuttlebone which someone said is good for them!

100_2631.JPG
100_2629.JPG

Back
Top Bottom