Flavored candy glass! Perfect recipe, if anyone needs it! Pic heavy...

sandra...i dont know what spooky meant by her favorites....but when i add something to my favorites..there is a tool bar at the top of my screen(not involving byc)..and it says favorites..i just click it..and it will add it to a list type of thing..and then when u want to access this recipe..you just have to hit the favorites button again..and the list will pop up...and u click on the recipe title...hope this helps you some....Wendy

Wow, can't wait to try this.

I was in Lowes today and they have their Christmas stuff beginning to come out - I know, it is way early, LOL but I absolutely LOVE Christmas and making stuff for people - the candy will be a HUGE hit with the kids.

You could make molded candies out of this, too - I have some halloween candy molds, and suckers! - yeah suckers would be neato.

You could make ornaments and hang em on the tree.... so many ideas for this - never tried candy glass before.

Thanks for the recipe!!

Peace -
Meriah

Very cool! Thanks so much for sharing that with us!
smile.png

hi..where did u find the letter cookie cutters?..i want to make happy b-day or even just his name..(for my foster son). for his birthday on monday, to put on his cake..but i cant fnd any letter cookie cutters?..
he.gif
....his mom's gone on her honeymoon...
hmm.png
...so she wont be here for his birthday..i'd like to make it personal and special for him..so..if anyone knows where to get the letter cutters..please let me know..thanks, Wendy

Do you have a cake and candy decorating shop near you? They should have them, if not check out the decorating aisle at Walmart and the party goods stores.
You can also buy letters that are already made out of hard, colored sugars. They come in a sheet, I have bought them at the supermarket even.
They aren't like the ones pictured here but you can get the letters at least.

I think you should be able to get the cookie cutters easily enough at one of the stores, but if all else fails check online. I hear you can buy anything online..even chickens.
smile.png

hi..thanks..
smile.png
..we just checked walmart..they dont have the letter cutters...i'm gonna try a craft store tomorrow...i hope they have them...thanks, Wendy

I made a couple half-batches of this today.

The first one took over an hour and a half to reach 300* (surprisingly was NOT burned). I put the water, sugar and syrup in and started the burner with everything room temp. Used metal mini cookie cutters. Not sure if DD got stingy with the oil or what, but very few of them came out in one piece.

For the second batch, I heated the water first, then added the sugar and syrup. Reached 300* MUCH sooner than the first batch did. This time, I used large metal cookie cutters and I was liberal with the oil. Same result with broken candies rather than whole shapes.

And, so......for batch #3 in the next few days, it will be poured out onto the powdered sugar covered cookie sheet and broken, saving a few steps in the process. I don't own plastic cookie cutters. I assume the metal is what gave me the broken results today.

Great recipe, though and very simple to follow instructions! Thanks for the pics, too! Very informative.

Back
Top Bottom