Fledgling chicken owner :)

JAsimmert

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2016
Hello everyone!

I've really enjoyed going through the website and BYC forum as I prepared to get some chicks this spring!
This is my third set of chickens, but second set of chicks. We live in town, in California and we finally got our 5 chicks today. We will be building a coop soon in our backyard. Looking forward to some lovely, fresh eggs.
We got 1 each of RIR, Ameraucana, Silkie, Barred Rock, and Buff Orpington (those last two have been my dream chicken breeds to get!
love.gif
)
My daughter Elizabeth, who's 4, is quite thrilled and wants to hold them every 5 seconds lol
Anyways, I love this website, and there's an immense amount of chicken knowledge to glean from!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us. And congrats on your new baby chicks.

I still feel the way Elizabeth does, I love baby chicks and still love my spoiled hens:)

welcome-byc.gif

That's a nice mix of chicks, glad you & your daughter are enjoying them. Have you named them?

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center...there are a lot of very good articles there on just about every poultry topic you can imagine.

Thanks for joining us!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us. And congrats on your new baby chicks.

I still feel the way Elizabeth does, I love baby chicks and still love my spoiled hens:)
Thank you! We are in love with our "babies" :) Even my son Isaiah, who's 1, is fascinated by them.

welcome-byc.gif

That's a nice mix of chicks, glad you & your daughter are enjoying them. Have you named them?

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center...there are a lot of very good articles there on just about every poultry topic you can imagine.

Thanks for joining us!
Thanks! I was thrilled when I called a local feed store and they had each breed we were looking for! My daughter named the Silkie "Speck" for the small dot on her head, the RIR "Fluff" because she's very poofy, and the Ameraucana (Easter Egger, really, as I have come to realize what she is) is "Stripes", for the stripey pattern on her back :) They are starting to get "middle" names now such as Sparkle, Glitter, ect lol
I have yet to name my Buff Orp and Barred Rock..

I will check out the Learning Center, thanks!! :D

Back
Top Bottom