Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

Pics
Float testing is and should be a last resort, I rarely do it.

Unnecessary handling that close to hatch should be avoided.

Are you hatching quail or chickens? (looks like a chicken egg)

I'm not a chicken guy but don't they go 23 days?

If my assumptions are correct, then it is not even late.

Therefore, stop fiddling with them.

(not fussing at you but trying to give sound advice.)

Float testing is and should be a last resort, I rarely do it.

Unnecessary handling that close to hatch should be avoided.

Are you hatching quail or chickens?  (looks like a chicken egg)

I'm not a chicken guy but don't they go 23 days?

If my assumptions are correct, then it is not even late.

Therefore, stop fiddling with them.

(not fussing at you but trying to give sound advice.)

Well it was my decision to do it. It had been 2 days since three other chicks hatched and I wanted to get them out of the incubator to give them food and water, therefore I decided as it would be the only time opening the incubator I may aswell do the float test.
Thanks for your advice.

Well it was my decision to do it. It had been 2 days since three other chicks hatched and I wanted to get them out of the incubator to give them food and water, therefore I decided as it would be the only time opening the incubator I may aswell do the float test.
Thanks for your advice.
Did not know that part, just trying to help. Good luck!

These peafowl eggs were due to hatch 5 days ago. Candling a peafowl is is a lot harder than candling my chickens and pheasants. I did not see any wiggling. Time to cull them or let them sit a few more days? We are at 33 days.

These peafowl eggs were due to hatch 5 days ago. Candling a peafowl is is a lot harder than candling my chickens and pheasants. I did not see any wiggling. Time to cull them or let them sit a few more days? We are at 33 days.
that dish doesn't look deep enough. Looks like the eggs touch the bottom.

It does look that way but they weren't near the bottom. It is a large glass mixing bowl filled 1" from the top. It's just the angle. Here is one I candled clear.

Back
Top Bottom