FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Tell your friend to find to find steller on here she breeds quail and is NPIP certified and she is in Florida so your friend could probably pick up babies. I order eggs and hatch out. Quail are actually a very grey area on the treasure coast especially certain counties. So tell her to stay under the radar. State law is fairly cut and dry on game birds but several cities and counties not so much. I do not sell I just raise them for my family and keep it under 50 which seems to be the magic number. So it really depends where your friend lives. Tell them to check city code website.

Thanks so much! I did get in contact with her and will let my friend know!...she was a chicken outlaw and dumped her chickens here when her neighbor complained so she thinks quail are a go! Thanks for all your information!!

Thank you all for the helpful advice on coop interiors..AND pictures! It looks SO much nicer painted! ...Guessing that is the consensus...PAINT! Thanks also for the Deep Litter Method input! Soooooo helpful! Thanks again!

"Tomorrow, the Pasco County Board of Commissioners will be discussing backyard poultry at their meeting. It appears from the docket, that this will be brought up in the late afternoon (after 3:30pm). This meeting is being held at the West Pasco Government Center Board Room, 1st Floor
8731 Citizens Drive
New Port Richey, FL 34654

Please show up if you can. The last time the commissioners discussed backyard chickens, they felt that there weren't enough citizens interested. Please show up and show them we are interested! This is being brought up by Commissioner Kathryn Starkey. If you can't attend the meeting, could you please find a minute to email her your support for this amendment? [email protected]"

Copied and Pasted From: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chickens-as-Pets-Pasco-FL/106322722751746

Thanks. Usually, the feed store in town only has them for a very short time in the Spring. That's why I figured most of the other ones probably don't have them at this point either. I'll check around though later.
smile.png

I have Jumbo and Tibetan eggs and babies <4weeks. Where are you located?

Is anyone looking for fertile Pekin duck eggs? We are overrun at the moment. My daughter shows with 4H and her birds usually do quite well. She also has some extra young drakes that are very social and friendly and are used to free ranging. She's willing to sell them very reasonably or trade for laying hens, or silkie chicks, or ... probably other things that I can't think of. She has silkie chicks off and on too. Some pet quality, a few seem to be show/breeder quality.

I still need a few more hens if anyone is close and has some. I'd love some red stars, or any good dark egg layers.

I bit off the current topic, but I was wondering if anyone here in South Florida use the Deep Litter Method with any luck, and if so, what do you use as your bedding(I heard straw and hay mold easily...is this true?)? We just finished our coop this week and the poop is already piling up! I unfortunately (DLM speaking) spaced the floor boards(roughly an inch) in the coop so that I could hose it out so I'm not sure I could use anything without it falling through? We also have the coop raised in the run area so I don't know that I want to swoosh the poop into the run...speaking of the run, I was thinking about maybe sand? I NEED HELP! (I think I read too much:) Any advice on flooring would be GREATLY appreciated! Also a vote on whether or not I should paint the interior to make cleaning easier, and if so, with which type of paint would you use? Thanks in advance!! I LOVE the BYC community!

I put linoleum down over the coop wood floor & filled the coop with sand. It's super easy to clean & doesn't smell. Oh, I also sprinkled sweet PDZ & DE in there. I bought a hay fork & put 1/4" hardware cloth over it. I then use this to scoop the poop out. It's like a large cat litter scooper.

I used the same wood stain/sealant on the inside that I used on the exterior. In the run, I put a layer of gravel & then a thick layer of sand. I clean it out the same way.

Hope this helps.

Perfect! Thanks so much!! I went and bought the PDZ yesterday and am going to mix it with sand since it was expensive to do the whole floor exclusively in it! Start-Up chickens aren't cheap! (No pun intended :)) I have Thomsons water seal left from the exterior that I may do a quick wash on the inside with...I reialized my doors only have a 2" clearance and DLM probably wouldn't work....

Thanks you again for all your help! I met Mark and Mike last week for our chicks and told them you refered us, they seemed to know who you were and we'll be getting our food there!!thereby _

Is anyone looking for fertile Pekin duck eggs? We are overrun at the moment. My daughter shows with 4H and her birds usually do quite well. She also has some extra young drakes that are very social and friendly and are used to free ranging. She's willing to sell them very reasonably or trade for laying hens, or silkie chicks, or ... probably other things that I can't think of. She has silkie chicks off and on too. Some pet quality, a few seem to be show/breeder quality.

I still need a few more hens if anyone is close and has some. I'd love some red stars, or any good dark egg layers.
i am going to the swap in jax on the 26th and would be willing to trade i got a bunch of laying hens im bringing and i would buy if she did not want the hens.

Back
Top Bottom