FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

big_smile.png
Hi, Everybody
big_smile.png

I'm new to BYC, but have been enjoying the site since last summer. I finally got the nerve up to join. Is there anybody here up north in the Florida Panhandle? I'm about 10 minutes north of Destin. Hoping to get advice on good local feed stores and chicken sellers. Have a wonderful weekend!
welcome-byc.gif

Florida Sunshine Classic Poultry Show

January 11-12, 2014 (always the second Saturday in January)

438 SW State Road 247

Lake City, FL 32025

Columbia County Fairgrounds
---> MAP

Danny & Norma Padgett

15930 W State Road 238

Lake Butler, Florida 32054

386-496-2561
The January 2014 Show Catalog and Entry Form are available at, (Entry deadline has passed)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tzkmjwfeSwakDIITxYy2IOlDOsvW9-ZQZblKCBRcUvo/edit?usp=sharing
it will be my first time. Do I need to register even if I am not talking any chickens. I only want to see what is all about

Quote:
No you do not have to register, only if you are showing birds but there is a deadline for that which has past. Just show up. We were planning on going but the rain chance is 90%. We have pretty much decided to skip this year. It won't be easy because we haven't missed a show in many years, but we just don't want to drive for 2 hrs one way just to get rained on. We usually set up in on the 1st corner outside near the entrance just inside the parking area and sell poultry and livestock supplies and cages.That is the area most vendors set up.The show is inside. We asked about renting the barn behind the show barn but apparently someone else will be using it.

No you do not have to register, only if you are showing birds but there is a deadline for that which has past. Just show up. We were planning on going but the rain chance is 90%. We have pretty much decided to skip this year. It won't be easy because we haven't missed a show in many years, but we just don't want to drive for 2 hrs one way just to get rained on. We usually set up in on the 1st corner outside near the entrance just inside the parking area and sell poultry and livestock supplies and cages.That is the area most vendors set up.The show is inside. We asked about renting the barn behind the show barn but apparently someone else will be using it.

:( I would like to put faces to you guys. What time does it start

We're getting there around 8am I think I'll try to find my McPherson Farm shirt (has a frizzle mottled bantam cochin on back) and wear it!!! Here's a list of stuff we're selling right now too if anyone is interested (Not bringing them to show unless pre-sold)

Mature and Breeding birds for sale. Local pick-up or available in Jacksonville at Bent Creek Jan 26
These are all proven breeders laying fertile eggs daily and all under a year old. We are making room for some new and exciting breeds coming up!

Bantam Cochin Pair Partridge Hen Red Roo $30
Gold Neck D'Uccle Pair $40
Millie Fleur D'Uccle QUAD 3 hens 1 roo $60
Silver Laced Bantam Cochin Roos only $10/ea 4 available
Old English Game Bantam Trio 2 hens 1 roo $40
Silver Duckwing Dutch Bantam Pair $30
Buff Orpington Roosters pretttty boys $15 each 2/$25
Frizzle Easter Egger Roo LF $15
Button quail laying age $10 / pr
Rhode Island Red Pullets 4 mo $7
Silkie Mix white bantam Laying! $5
Royal Palm Turkey Gobbler 8 mo $45
Heritage Turkey Gobbler 8 mo $45 2/$75

If there are photos you would like to see please feel free to ask.

Hello!
I am getting a Cream Legbar flock started. Is that show on Sunday too?
sunday is just to give out the awards, but all the birds will be there until that's all done then every body tokes out their birds out and leave , I think around 1 pm

im looking for a buff rock roo some one please bring me one, im the guy with the Naked Necks, look for me or my wife ty

I fowl pox vaccinate all my birds. It is the only vaccine I give.
I would like to vaccinate my new pullets for this as it seems a bad wave always hits my flock every late spring as the temp starts to climb. I almost lost my main Roo last year when he had an unusual severe case.

Where do you get your fowl pox vaccine and what is it called? What is the dosage you give?

Back
Top Bottom