FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello from LaBelle! I'm new to BYC, thought I'd introduce myself
smile.png

I'm Carlie and I love all my animal babies! I have 2 RIR Roos, 2 RIR hens, 7 Barred Rocks hens, 1 red sex link hen, 1 black sex link hen,3 ameracaunas (1 month old), 5 blue Orpington's (1-4 weeks old), 30 eggs hatching
jumpy.gif
, 1 hog:D, 2 Labrador retrievers, 1 German Shepard and counting!!!
big_smile.png

Hey there CarlieT,

Where did you get your RIRs from? Did you find a local breeder or did you get them from a hatchery?
I'm near your location over here in Lakeport.

Hi there Bangarang :)
I actually got the RIR hens from my father in law. He breeds and trades chickens a lot. And the RIR roo I bought from a guy who owned a petting zoo around here and had to many chickens. I will be hatching some out within the next few months too :)

Sarasota, east of the Interstate......
New to Chicken raising - for the eggs.
any and all sugestions welcomed
I started out with a couple of Plymouth Rocks, they're pretty hearty and lay nice brown eggs and I had some Rhode Island Reds and they also lay nice. But then my obsession grew and now I have 30 something chickens and hatch out and sell them to locals for eggs or to the younger kids for 4-H :D

Add me also... I am in Temple Terrace
welcome-byc.gif

I started a little more than a year ago with a Plymoth Barred, a RIR and a New Hampshire Red. Added a Austrolorp and a Mongrol later. All are super egg layers and pets. I have a mobile a-frame coop and we put them to pasture in our back yard of just under an acre.

Last edited:
HI there neighbor!! Im new & in Palmetto (Just north of u in Manatee Co.) Can I get a Woot Woot for Manasota?!?!
woot.gif

This site is GREAT and pretty much has every answer to every question my problem was I didn't know what to read up on until I had the problem. So I suggest read as much as possible & build a secure coop for all those predators we have in this lovely sunny state and GOOD LUCK. Chickens are a fun and interesting addition to a family. They make u laugh
lau.gif
and cry
hit.gif
and wanna pull your hair out and lock your son in the coop
barnie.gif
....uhhh...neverind ( and have a lot of cute smiley face thingies lol)
Lets just stick to WELCOME!!!

With Pecks&Poops
Bairdfamily

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom