FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey y'all I hope everyone is safe and prepared for the hurricane coming at us! What is everyone doing with their chickens? I'm in Seminole co. I was thinking about putting my girls in the garage. I have 5. What do y'all recommend I put them in?
Thanks

Hey y'all I hope everyone is safe and prepared for the hurricane coming at us! What is everyone doing with their chickens? I'm in Seminole co. I was thinking about putting my girls in the garage. I have 5. What do y'all recommend I put them in?
Thanks

I am Seminole County also. Mine are going into garage, in whatever I find to cage them in. Dog crates, bunny cages, I remodeled a storage shelf by putting wire around the sides - whatever I can find to put them in!!

Stay safe !!

Will you live in Jacksonville about 15 minutes from the beach. There is no mandatory evacuation for our area yet but I was wondering what to do with my chickens. We have a screened in patio and I was going to put them in there for the next couple of days. Would that be sufficient? Their coop is pretty sturdy but the wind might break it off its legs(2x4's)
We plan on staying in riding the storm out so I will be here to check on them.

you may be evacuating as I type, I am in Seminole county and took my birds from the back porch into the garage. I would not leave them on a screened porch either - flying objects and wind - I think they would be upset and may hurt themselves with all that will be going on around

We are still planning on holding our monthly Farm Swap this Saturday October 8th. It may be windy so if you have a canopy you are planning on bringing one, you may need to secure it to the pavement. The weather forecast this morning predicted mostly cloudy for Saturday so most likely canopies won't be needed. I will be there with a few birds, some egg turners that fit in most styrofoam incubators as well as some cages.

Last edited:
Join us this Saturday October 8th. There will also be many different breeds of birds and probably chicks as well as pet beds and egg collecting aprons and much more. Tell your neighbors, friends or tell your enemies! Maybe you you have excess chickens, rabbits, goats, pigs, ducks, geese, turkeys, other livestock, plants, crafts, used tack, old farm equipment to sell. Come join us for a day of talking, selling or swapping your farm related wares. As Always, No Fees! Come join us for our Monthly Farm Swap.
DUNNELLON TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY Farm Swap Meet
9:00 AM to around 1:00 PM
Always the ***2nd Saturday Monthly*** RAIN OR SHINE
11252 N Williams St,
Dunnellon, FL 34432
---> MAP
For more info: [email protected]

I took my sweet grandaughter and ran off to Pensacola.
I'm still looking for a few Partridge silkie pullets/hens, and should be back south by then so I may drive over.
There are a few partridges listed on CL up here, so I might contact those ppl and pick them up otw home.
I hear the storm is starting to hit in Orlando.
Stay safe everyone.

Hope everyone is ready for this storm, it will be a bad one. Keep safe and protect your loved ones.

Last three days were brutal here. My wonderful daughter in law jumped in to help and my neighbors lent a helping hand with remodeling a shelving unit, moving heavy items to a spot where I could tie down and all the little tasks to get ready for a storm.

My garage now holds 27 chickens and 40 quail

Hoping everyone is hunkered down and prepared!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom