FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I am looking to rehome (for free) 1-2 cockerels (New Hampshire Red and White Plymouth Rock). I am in north FL but am willing to travel to bring them to a good home in FL or GA. Any ideas/leads appreciated.

I am looking to rehome (for free) 1-2 cockerels (New Hampshire Red and White Plymouth Rock). I am in north FL but am willing to travel to bring them to a good home in FL or GA. Any ideas/leads appreciated.
what part of north florida? In in Jacksonville.
The farm / garden I volunteer at, he ... might.. be open for a rooster or two, though they generally are not too preferred. let me get with tim on monday and see if he would be willing to take them off your hands.

Aaron

Edit: what are these birds attitude disposition? are they semi tame, do they attack you etc? If they are aggressive, that wont work well, they'll end up on the smoker real fast. Just saying.

what part of north florida? In in Jacksonville.
The farm / garden I volunteer at, he ... might.. be open for a rooster or two, though they generally are not too preferred. let me get with tim on monday and see if he would be willing to take them off your hands.

Aaron

Edit: what are these birds attitude disposition? are they semi tame, do they attack you etc? If they are aggressive, that wont work well, they'll end up on the smoker real fast. Just saying.
Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply. I'm in the Tallahassee area (where roosters aren't allowed). So far both are fairly tame. The New Hampshire Red is a bit bolder and will approach me when I enter the coop, but it doesn't seem aggressive. (At most it will peck at the holes in my crocs.) The white plymouth rock mostly ignores me. They are only 8 weeks, so I am ok to hold onto them for a while longer (until they start crowing) or rehome them sooner while they might be more mold-able. I'm not sure how much their behavior will change as they get older.

Hello, my name is Lucas. My son has been wanting chicks (any bird is fine) for the past years and it has been hard for us for us to find fertile eggs that we could afford :(. We would do everything possible to care for the bird. If any of you are willing to send any unwanted fertile eggs, we would appreciate that so much. Of course, it’s your decision and whatever is good for you. We’re just asking to see. Have a great day!
Thank you.
I think getting eggs as a first time chicken owner is starting out a little too advanced. We have had chickens for about 10 years and still haven't ventured into it. Also, with eggs you don't know if you are getting pullets. I would go to your local feed store and start off with 2 pullets.

Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply. I'm in the Tallahassee area (where roosters aren't allowed). So far both are fairly tame. The New Hampshire Red is a bit bolder and will approach me when I enter the coop, but it doesn't seem aggressive. (At most it will peck at the holes in my crocs.) The white plymouth rock mostly ignores me. They are only 8 weeks, so I am ok to hold onto them for a while longer (until they start crowing) or rehome them sooner while they might be more mold-able. I'm not sure how much their behavior will change as they get older.
I asked around and unfortunately did not find anyone who wanted roo's other than to make them the guest of honor at dinner. Sorry I couldn't find anyone for you, however didn't want to leave you hanging so am posting back here.

Aaron

I asked around and unfortunately did not find anyone who wanted roo's other than to make them the guest of honor at dinner. Sorry I couldn't find anyone for you, however didn't want to leave you hanging so am posting back here.

Aaron
Thanks for checking, I appreciate you following up.
I have a family member taking one, only one to go!

4 beautiful hens needing a great home. We love them but sadly, can’t keep. Located in Bradenton, Fl

Attachments

• AC937806-FE11-45A2-AE2D-577E2C73904D.jpeg
    AC937806-FE11-45A2-AE2D-577E2C73904D.jpeg
    792.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 0B55FB08-CDC6-4803-BEF2-C3EEB5FF7724.jpeg
    0B55FB08-CDC6-4803-BEF2-C3EEB5FF7724.jpeg
    907.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 9ACDF890-63E5-4B4F-8C5F-C3A04A390A30.jpeg
    9ACDF890-63E5-4B4F-8C5F-C3A04A390A30.jpeg
    933.8 KB · Views: 3
  • CFAF36E1-8900-499F-BABF-6F8D07B9B05F.jpeg
    CFAF36E1-8900-499F-BABF-6F8D07B9B05F.jpeg