FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Does anyone in this thread have or know of anyone that has silkies or d'uccles(lavendar & porcelain) chicks or pulleys for sale or trade ??

I'm very interested

Ahhh, that should make for some nice green egg layers. I crossed my Ameracuanas with a Delaware rooster and got some very good green eggers. I have some Leghorn eggs from an Ameracuan rooster in the incubator now. Hoping for some super Blue Eggers soon.......... .stan
We have super blue egg layers. Lavender AM Roo over White Leghorn hens. The chicks are super friendly, cute, growing well. They are sorta white some splashing, but the white has a hue of bluish silver.

We have super blue egg layers. Lavender AM Roo over White Leghorn hens. The chicks are super friendly, cute, growing well. They are sorta white some splashing, but the white has a hue of bluish silver.
There is a chance I will get some from a Lavender rooster. She had just changed over to the white Amer before I got my eggs, Candled last night and maybe 6 or 7 of them are still working. BIG eggs! Hope I get a couple of pullets. The lav cross sounds cool.....stan

My 6th month old Rooster is loosing feathers on the outside of both of his legs. I just noticed it today and I'm not sure what is causing it. I only noticed it when I saw him stumbling a bit trying to get some bread crumbs my sons were throwing out. He actually fell on his rump once.
On closer examination we could see bare skin on the outside of his upper legs. None of the other chickens have it, so if it's a parasite I'm not sure why it would only effect him.

He has gotten aggressive about mounting the ladies lately so could it be that some of the hens are pecking his legs?
have any of you seen something like this before?

My 6th month old Rooster is loosing feathers on the outside of both of his legs. I just noticed it today and I'm not sure what is causing it. I only noticed it when I saw him stumbling a bit trying to get some bread crumbs my sons were throwing out. He actually fell on his rump once.
On closer examination we could see bare skin on the outside of his upper legs. None of the other chickens have it, so if it's a parasite I'm not sure why it would only effect him.

He has gotten aggressive about mounting the ladies lately so could it be that some of the hens are pecking his legs?
have any of you seen something like this before?
It could be the hens were picking his feathers, BUT it sounds more like the boy was doing some fence fighting with some other roos on the property and scraped up his legs.
When they molt, they will lose the leg feathering too, BUT they woulding be stumbling around. That sounds like am injury where he scraped his own legs and pulled the feathers out at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom