FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I don't want to lose a chicken to the heat. I always provide a shaded area and lots of fresh water. And accessible shelter in the event of rain. Cover if they're free ranging.

Do yall keep your runs shaded? My pullets seem wimpy about being in the sun much and prefer a shady spot. They're 8wk RSL and BSL.
I put shade cloth over my run.I don't have any trees big enough to shade them yet.
sad.png

Do yall keep your runs shaded? My pullets seem wimpy about being in the sun much and prefer a shady spot. They're 8wk RSL and BSL.

I have made shade tables for all of my pens. In the summer I put sprinklers on during the hot afternoons. The Birds love it. I also have pans of cool water for them to stand in. They love that too.

our old coop and run was completely covered it was good that it kept the sun out but it did that 2 much. the chickens got more mites and lice. and it was alot more smelly and more flies. the open air coop and run with a section roofed over is much much better. Cleaner and less bugs and they love the dustbaths in the sunshine!

Where's the sun?

Hey it feels good outside, I'm not complaining got some much needed rain last night

Back
Top Bottom