FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

That's an excellent hatch rate for shipped eggs. 0% is not uncommon, esp from ebay :p  Try McPhersonFarm. I don't know if they have buttons but I know they have quail of some kind...

I got all my chicks from McPherson, mille fleurs d'uccles, araucanas and also got two pairs of button quails. Very nice and the buttons laid on the first day I had the girls home. I can recommend them for sure. She has all colors of buttons and just hatched some more. She also has coturnix amongst many other fowl. She custom hatched the mille fleur for me by request.

Does anyone in our area have any fertilized button quail eggs,available for trade? I bought some from eBay but hatch was less than 50%. Not bad but I am getting almost 82% from my pharoah. So I think the shipping may have been tough on them.
Yeah, I've got some at 50 cents an egg and we're not far from Live Oak. I just had 100% hatch on ones that hatched yesterday. Let me know. As far as trade what do you have?

Hello everyone, I don't have any thoughts or questions at this time but wanted to post a few pics of my "girls" ( I hope they are all girls) here in Lake Helen Florida. They are just about 6 1/2 weeks old and have been in a makeshift run during the day and at night back in their brooder until the permanent coop and run is completed. I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Plymouth Barred Rock and 3 Easter Eggers Enjoy!

Hello everyone, I don't have any thoughts or questions at this time but wanted to post a few pics of my "girls" ( I hope they are all girls) here in Lake Helen Florida. They are just about 6 1/2 weeks old and have been in a makeshift run during the day and at night back in their brooder until the permanent coop and run is completed. I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Plymouth Barred Rock and 3 Easter Eggers Enjoy!

That's a beautiful group you have there, enjoy them!!!

Thanks, just wondering peoples opinions
smile.png
they sleep with our goats and horse but we have lost three, they haven't been dragged just a few bloody feathers. We live in a weird area, it's a mixture between pasture land an suburban type roads. I'm thinking either bobcat or coyote. Not sure how they are getting in the fence its pretty tall :( oh well hopefully it doesn't get them in the stall because we locked them away tonight to protect them.

Last edited:
About what age do hens start getting wattles? I can't decide how old my pullets are. They're red SL and Black SL. The two bsl's faces are starting to turn red and the wattles are descending and becoming noticeable. The hatcher had lots of chicks when I bought them the beginning of march and said they were "as close as he had to 4wk olds, but compared to other pics on here I think they were about 2wks when I got them. So I am just curious if the wattles come on at a particular age. Thanks! And thanks for the info on shading the run. Lots of good ideas here!

Does anyone know of a Silver Laced Wyandotte breeder between Panama City and Tallahassee? I'm looking for some hatching eggs and haven't had much luck. I'd rather pick some up if possible than to have them shipped.

Back
Top Bottom